Baby number three is here! Birth at 35 weeks

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
I wanted to get in here and share my birth story before the final details escape me... I don't want to forget, pretty sure this is my last little!

I had been hospitalized around 33 weeks because during an NST I was contracting and they didn't slow, and then found to be three cm dilated and positive for Fibronectin. I was shot up with tributerline (or whatever it's called lol) steroids and magnesium. Contractions slowed and I was discharged the next day. I always have tons of contractions. I honestly thought they caught me at a bad moment and that I would be facing another induction at 37 weeks like I had with my second baby.

I took it easy for about a week, but I start going stir crazy. And on the next Friday (December 11) that my hubs was off work, we headed to
A nearby town to finish Christmas shopping, get a few things for baby's room. We went out to eat at Johnny Carino's (I had been craving!) it was delish! We get home around 5:30-6 or so. I get comfy and we laze around with our two kids and watch some tv. Then I get up to go potty, and while in the bathroom have this sharp pain in the vjay region. I don't think too much of it, get up, go to sink to wash and remove make up. Then feel a little gush of fluid. I think I didn't get all the pee out so go to sit on the toilet and finish. Get done, move around some more, feel more fluid. Now this pregnancy has been very liquidy. Lol aka I had been wearing pantyliners for months because of all the extra discharge. So I was still not "oh my water is broke" but I knew it was a possibility. So I go out and tell my husband that I think my water might be broken, who then jumps up and gets dressed and starts pacing. So I keep an eye on things for about an hour and similar gushes continue so I decide it's best to go in. I get the kids in bed (and my sister in law is living with us at the moment) and then hubs and I head to the hospital.

Through the day my contractions had started getting a bit strong, slightly more painful than the uncomfortable BH I get. I remember mentioning to my spouse that they were hurting a bit and I wonder if that was a sign of anything. Well they were definitely getting painful on the way to the hospital. And as we get near I get the urge to poo. And then I start worrying that this really is it, because I've been so constipated this entire pregnancy that a night time poo is just totally unexpected. So when we get to hospital, I go to the bathroom. And there is a definite clear out. And a bloody show. This is it. When we get upstairs I tell the nurse that I think my water broke haha. And when she gets in there to check, she says oh goodness you're a five and I see hair! She runs off to go prep a room or something and while she's gone my contractions are really starting to hurt. When she gets back I ask if we can go ahead and ask for an epidural. She says YES. Lol. I had number two with no meds at all and don't want to do it again! But the damn nurse can't stick me and it takes forever to get the bloodwork that we need to get the epi. Probably takes around an hour from the time I got in the l and d room til they came in to do it, and in that time I was in serious pain. Before they placed it, they checked my cervix and it was an eight. So we get situated and they do the epi. Sitting up during contractions was so much more tolerable than laying ugh. After its in and placed I'm checked again and she's still way up high but I'm fully dilated. So they say well rest and we will start pushing when the pediatrician gets here (because this baby is a 35 weeker and they have no high level nursery at my hospital). So we hold off until she gets there to push. The nurse says okay we are going to try to start pushing! And in my first push I bring baby down enough to see hair, and the nurse says whoa whoa let me get th Doctor haha. So he suits up and we go again. Maybe three pushes later she is out. Screaming angry. Healthy as can be. 6 lbs 7.5 ounces. We start nursing right away as soon as she checks out health wise. She nurses so well!

We got to the hospital at around 11 pm. We had a baby at 1:50 AM December 12. She was born at 35 weeks 3 days. She was 6lbs 7.5 ounces. I totally had an amazing birth. Except being worried that I wouldn't have time to get the epidural. And of course that I was so early, but that turned out just fine. I'm a little sad to end my pregnancy without expecting to... As it is probably my last babe. I was still feeling great. And I didn't get a final bump shot. Anyways. I'm glad I got all this out. I need to do a birth story for my two first... I never did and I regret!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 33
She's beautiful! Sorry it happened earlier than elected, but it's great that she's healthy! Congratulations!

Thank you ladies! She's the most adorable thing I've seen in a long time, with all this brunette hair surrounded by blondes haha ❤️❤️❤️

Congrats she's adorable!!!! Nice story. I'm glad she's doing good. I'm so uncomfortable I wish my LO would be ready to come out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->