baby opens eyes at 26 weeks?

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Hey girls. I was informed that a baby opens his/her eyes at approx; 26 weeks old. I have seen some AMAZING videos of a baby inside the womb with it's eyes wide open so I decided I was going to splash out on another 4d scan because it's something I REALLY want to see, PLUS, I would like to see how much he has changed since 18 weeks, and who he looks more like out of myself and his dad. Anyway, the question I would like to ask is, do ALL babies open the eyes at 26weeks? or is it just some?
Im getting my hopes up that baby Nicky will be looking at us tomorrow when we go for the scan; just wondering what the liklihood would be and if anyone on this forum has had a scan where their little one was fully awake.
I know they only keep them open for a few weeks so I would REALLY love to be able to see it. :)

I thought they could keep their eyes open from about 26 weeks, and open shut them voluntarily.

I never had 3d or 4d scans - i personally think they are a huge rip off.
(but that is just my personal opinion)

I thought they could keep their eyes open from about 26 weeks, and open shut them voluntarily.

I never had 3d or 4d scans - i personally think they are a huge rip off.
(but that is just my personal opinion)
I think the one I go to is excellent. The first scan cost us £75 and with that you get a 20 minute scan, a dvd of the ultrasound, CD rom of all the images which were capped and also 10 print offs.
Because this will be my second scan with the same company, I am having a celebration scan which is worth £135, for the price of my first one. Cant wait :)
Thanks for the reply. x

So are you and Nickys dad back together again now??

I agree with beanie, scans you get at hospital are just as good its more reasurrance than anything for most mums i think.

xxx

So are you and Nickys dad back together again now??

I agree with beanie, scans you get at hospital are just as good its more reasurrance than anything for most mums i think.

xxx
I dont doubt that the hospital scans are more reassuring than the 4d ones, but they are kinda fun :)
When I say 'we', I was refering to my family, they are coming along with me tomorrow. yay!!!!!!

By the way, how are you getting on? how you feeling recently?

Plodding on ... everyday a bonus!

Hope you enjoy ur scan!
xxx

a couple of people on here have had 4d scans and they are lovely to see.

If at my 20 week scan they cant tell me the sex of the baby then we will be getting a 4d one to find out, they are cheaper than a private normal one here

Hope it all goes well

x

Plodding on ... everyday a bonus!

Hope you enjoy ur scan!
xxx
:hi: glad to hear that your 'plodding on' just fine :)
I assume you're no longer in hospital? how did all of that go for you? (if you dont mind me asking)

In regards to the scan, I will refer back to your comment, hospital scans are more reassuring, so i'll probably convince myself that something aint quite right, even though I havent got a clue what Im talking about in regards to ultrasound scans :) i'll post piccies when I get home... x x x

I can't afford a 4d scan i'm too poor....So i have to stick with normal scans:(

well i think myself lucky i even got a normal scan think back to 30 odd years ago when pregnant people never had anything like that!!
a hospital scan is better than anything :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->