Baby pooping outside of diaper

CamoQueen

Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!
Reaction score
Okay, this is driving me crazy. It started around Christmas that my son has been managing to poop outside of his diaper. I'm not talking little leakage here... I'm talking a good tablespoon worth of poop coming out the side of his diaper. It's always coming out the same side (left leg), and messing whatever it's touching... yesterday it landed on the carpet, lol. It would be funny if it wasn't so frustrating!!!

I don't think it's the brand of diapers or their fit -- we used them for a week prior with no accidents. And I don't think it's gas, because David is actually LESS gassy now than he was before his poop was doing a Houdini onto the carpet. His poop is just as it should be; yellow, seedy, consistency of mustard, and a whoooole lot of it.

It's gotten so bad that he's pooping out of the diaper every damn time he poops. I've gotten to keeping him in footie pajamas all day because I am afraid that next time, he will go on the furniture (oh, God, why me?:rofl:) I change it the second he goes, but it doesn't help -- it's already 'out there'.

So what do I do? I am afraid to go out of the house with him, for fear that he'll poop. We're taking a flight with him on the 15th that lasts 9 hours, which kind of ratchets up my fear that he'll still be doing this by then.

Can anyone help me with this? Do they make diapers that go down the whole leg?:rofl: Like little pants diapers, or something? Lol, I'm desperate!

This only happens to us when elliot needs to go up a size in nappy! I didn't realise/think it was this to begin with though, thought i'd put the nappy on wrong or something!

keely.

Yeah same here. This happened a few times then we put her up in size 1 instead of NB and its been good since

Well, I'll try putting him in a size 2, then... he's already on size 1s, which is why I didn't figure it was the diaper. He's only 11 1/2 lb right now, but that's almost big enough for a size 2. Since I have a few packs in the house, it can't hurt to try. Hell, I will try anything at this point! I'm so tired of soaking poopy baby clothes!

the sizes tend to overlap if you notice on the packs, elliot needed to go up a size before he actually reached the weight limit.

the sizes tend to overlap if you notice on the packs, elliot needed to go up a size before he actually reached the weight limit.

This is true. Colton had to go to 4s although he isnt at the end weight of 3s, he is in the range for 4s and was peeing out of every diaper, so I knew it was time to go up.
Dont worry, Colton was in 2s at 4weeks old.

OK, he's been put in a 2. I swear, if this works, you will have my undying gratitude!

This only happens to us when elliot needs to go up a size in nappy! I didn't realise/think it was this to begin with though, thought i'd put the nappy on wrong or something!

keely.

this makes sense jack poos outside his nappy too actually ive just changed a nappy like that but it was coming out the top not his legs & i know for fact that he needs to go up to next size but wanted to use all the size 2s 1st before going up to size 3 . violet xx

When this has happened to Gabbi, it seems to be if she's sat in a certain position or lying in my arms, so now, when she starts, I move weight away from the pooing area in a hope that it will be a straight forward nappy change, if you get meaning!! :rofl: The nappies she is in now are slightly too big for her, but we get less leakage!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->