Baby powder

Fadetoblack

Reaction score
Are the fumes from baby powder bad to breath in? Yesterday I was spraying baby powder on my nephew and my husband freaked out and said that it has talc in it and I should not be breathing it in 6 weeks preg .

But then I realize your allowed the eat tums which also has talc in it.

I thought baby powder in general wasn't thought to be great anymore, I was told not to use it on ds. Can't for the life of me remember why though!

Edit found this

https://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-use-baby-powder-on-my-baby_1519559.bc

I know you aren't supposed to use it on infants/toddlers, but I've never heard it being bad for pregnant women. If I was worried though, I'd give a call to my OB just to make sure.

Any powdery substance should be treated with care as it goes straight into the lungs. I wouldn't use talc anyway on a child, I'd be more concerned about them than a pregnant woman (it can't harm the foetus).

When DD was born the MW told me it was ok to use on her but to pour it onto your hand then rub in rather than shaking over the baby. It's because if you shake it out of the bottle it goes everywhere and it gets in their little lungs.

As far as in pregnancy is concerned I have no idea. I've not been told not to and I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to either. Again, obviously try and avoid any possiblity of breathing it in as it would probably affect your breathing too. But I'd say that about getting over-zealous with a bag of flour

I don't think by accidently inhaling it once will do any harm. I don't think you need to worry!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->