Baby randomly refuses bottle

psychochick

Reaction score
My LO has been taking bottles off and on since he was a newborn. He was never picky about type of bottle, temperatures, whether milk was frozen or fresh. Then recently he started refusing it more often than not. One day he took it in the morning but refused it in the afternoon. Last week he accepted two types of bottles and then yesterday flat out refused any no matter what bottle and nipple and temperature we tried. I'm really confused as to how to solve this problem. And I need to know how to get him to consistently take it as I will return to work in a month. Anyone had success in this situation?

Is it you offering? Sometimes breastfed babies won't take from mom, they know you have the good stuff right on the other side of your shirt! Sometimes mom has to leave the house even.

Yeah it's always my DH feeding him. Actually the first time he refused it I was outside the house at a doctors appointment. I've definitely read everything online about mom being out of the house, trying different bottles, holding different positions. He's just so inconsistent that we don't know what to think.

My daughter messed about with morning bottle for ages and now she drinks it like she's never been fed! Might just be a phase :hugs: I considered dropping it but persisted because I thought she'd be hungry otherwise! Sometimes they're just a little strange :haha:

So we may have sorta solved the mystery. It seems that he has started preferring the milk extra warm. In fact, sometimes he'll drink some of it and obviously the rest has sorta cooled down, and he'll start to refuse it unless we heat it up more. Also, for some reason the nipple seems to flow faster when the milk is warmer so that may be another culprit. But so far we've gotten him to take the bottle consistently when the milk is really warm. So let's hope that will continue to work for him! Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->