• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby refusing breast crying

lanet

pregnant after lttc
Reaction score
One of my 4 month old twins has been really fussy at the breast and will just refuse it for a few feedings in the afternoon. No problems for the first 3 feedings of the day. But after that when she does take it she seems mad, flails around, pulls off and on, or just turns away and screams. What the heck?

Maybe the flow is slower than she would like it in the afternoon. Do you feed each one on a separate breast or do you feed one on both sides first then feed the other?

I feed them at the same time, one on each breast. And I alternate at each feeding.
I think that's partially it but she won't even try to get it out. She's been better the last couple of days and I've asked for an increase in her reflux meds too

I think 4 months can be the time when they go through a fussy stage while feeding, at that age the only position my dd would feed in was lying down and even then it was still a bit challenging to get her to take a whole feed. I just persevered and tried not to worry too much and it passed on very soon, she was back to guzzling at every opportunity!
Hope she settles down soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"