Baby Registry - Anything I should add or remove?

MamaFlick

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm lucky enough to be having two baby showers this month (one at work, one being thrown by my mom). I am registered at Target and Amazon. I am a first time mom so I don't really know what I'm going to need. :blush: I would really appreciate it if you would look at my lists and tell me what I might be missing, or if I should take anything off.

Thank you in advance!

Amazon Registry

Target

Just took a glance. I'm not sure how many you have, but we go through SO many burp cloths. I would buy at least 20 of them!

Not sure how many onesies you have, but we have about 20 of them, and use them. My lo was in newborn sizes for about a month and a half, and is in 3 months now. I would stock up on about 15 NB size Carter's Sleep and Play, and 20 3 months, but we dress her in them all the time. That may be excessive, but when you occasionally don't have time to wash clothes every day, it's good to have extra. Plus, we leave two in her baby bag, and left two or so at my mom's house.

Not sure if you have this either...I'd buy a mirror for your car. You attach it to the seat, and you can see baby while your driving. It saved my son's life. Long story, I can pm you if you want, but it's worth it.

A mommy hook is great too for the stroller.

And lots of pacifiers if you're using them. I always drop them.

Oh, and boogie wipes are great!

Just took a glance. I'm not sure how many you have, but we go through SO many burp cloths. I would buy at least 20 of them!

Not sure how many onesies you have, but we have about 20 of them, and use them. My lo was in newborn sizes for about a month and a half, and is in 3 months now. I would stock up on about 15 NB size Carter's Sleep and Play, and 20 3 months, but we dress her in them all the time. That may be excessive, but when you occasionally don't have time to wash clothes every day, it's good to have extra. Plus, we leave two in her baby bag, and left two or so at my mom's house.

Thank you for all your advice! I added a bunch of burp cloths. :) About the Sleep and Plays - my baby is being born in June/July and it will be about 100 degrees here. I'm thinking she will probably just wear a diaper with a onsie most of the time. Those sleep and plays are super cute but they just seem like they would be really hot for the weather here... or do babies need to be dressed warmly all the time?? Do they get cold easier or something?

As for the mirror, I thought those were great too and I originally had one on my registry, but I went to a car seat safety class and the lady told us that those mirrors can actually be a safety hazard... So now I'm torn.

Looks good! I wouldn't bother adding more onesies or clothes though because that will be the shower gift of choice, I promise! And no one will go off the registry for that, they will just buy what they think is cute :) I seriously have 55+ NB/0-3 onesies and I only had about 20 people at my shower :dohh:

add more wipes, you'll need thousands! I think I've got 4 boxes of 10x448 wipes from my shower!
Also I didn't see any diapers. We registered for diapers and got so many that we won't have to buy any for months and months.
If you're having a girl people will buy you a TON of clothes, don't put anything but the absolute basics on your registry. My daughter has more clothes than I know what to do with lol. I chose a very large closet organizer and I'm so glad I did. You may want to get a bigger one because without ours baby girl's closet would be a mess.

Looks good! I was taught same thing at safety class and when I had it in my car for carseat inspection the cop looked at me and said do you want to see what will happen to your child if someone hit you. When he showed me the picture I was horrified. :( I really wanted to use it but dont want to risk my childs safety. They state unbreakable and crash tested how can they sell something that has proven otherwise to hospitals and police in actual accidents?

Jellybean if you dont mind me asking will you share your story with me? I opened my brica mirror and cant return it now but im scared to use it. what is your take?

The stroller hook is a must have! My sil used it all the time and I know i will also!

add more wipes, you'll need thousands! I think I've got 4 boxes of 10x448 wipes from my shower!
Also I didn't see any diapers. We registered for diapers and got so many that we won't have to buy any for months and months.
If you're having a girl people will buy you a TON of clothes, don't put anything but the absolute basics on your registry. My daughter has more clothes than I know what to do with lol. I chose a very large closet organizer and I'm so glad I did. You may want to get a bigger one because without ours baby girl's closet would be a mess.

Thank you, I added a bunch more wipes. :) I didn't register for diapers because I have a full stock of cloth diapers already. I do plan on buying some newborn diapers just until her stump falls off, but other than that we should be good to go.

I tried to only register for clothing that wasn't new born, since I figured we'd get a ton of those. Do you think people will buy stuff for 12M/9M? That's mostly what I registered for.

Also added stroller hook and more pacifiers. :) Thank you all so much!

Thank you, I added a bunch more wipes. :) I didn't register for diapers because I have a full stock of cloth diapers already. I do plan on buying some newborn diapers just until her stump falls off, but other than that we should be good to go.

I tried to only register for clothing that wasn't new born, since I figured we'd get a ton of those. Do you think people will buy stuff for 12M/9M? That's mostly what I registered for.

Also added stroller hook and more pacifiers. :) Thank you all so much!

People went crazy with the clothes! We received clothes up to age 18 months!!!

Yep! I have boxes of clothes for up to 24 months! You'll definately get the most for 0-3 but you'll get plenty of the other sizes as well.

Cant see your target one but the amazon one looks good - I also cloth diaper and that planet wise hanging bag is great. Get a medium one for your diaper bag.

I have those sun shades and they work well except our windows are a bit small and then have the triangle back part and it doesn't cover that part (we have a mazda 3). Also you might want one for the back window depending on your car.

Everyone is right about the clothes - I got a closet full of new and second hand clothes all the way up to 12 mo - 3mo is the most popular as people figure you won't be in newborn long and thats true.

And blankets - I wouldn't register for any as people can't resist them.

I'll tell you what's saving our skin right now haha -

Snugamonkey swing - god send. seriously.

Newborn napper attachment to pack and play (Graco) - amazing for him to sleep in

White noise machine - covers up noises great

Ergo - splurge. You will not regret it. Carries so well on your hips.

Binkies - I wouldn't buy too many of one kind or open all of them - he didn't like some brands initially - I would use this same advice for bottles too

Disposable diapers - I know you have cloth but have some for the newborn stage anyways - if she's breast feeding shes going to poop every single time she eats. Seriously. And don't open the newborn ones - my guy came out in size 1s - 8lbs 12oz

Cloth diapers - Not sure what brand you got but I would try a brand and see how they work for you before you buy a whole set up - my guy is long and skinny so some brands might not fit your girl as well.

Wipes - yes we use millions of them.

pacifier wipes - perfect for the diaper bag

Tummy time mat - he's 3 mo now and squeals and loves it

What we aren't using -

Swaddles - he hated it after 2 weeks. Don't open more than a couple so you can return them if need be

Baby shoes - I didn't buy any and haven't missed them

diaper genie - waste of space but then again we CD now

bouncer - he likes the swing better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back