baby reins?

Thats brilliant let us know how it goes :)

Dont forget piccies !

The thing that HELPS him to walk looks neat! The things I don't like (and it's just a personal opinion, not trying to offend anyone!) is the harness/leash combo that people put on their kids. IMO (and just my opinion!) it looks like a dog harness/leash and my child is not nor will she ever be a dog or treated like one. I've never liked them though, even when I was a teenager and saw people with them on their kids. Just doesn't seem...right to me, but to each his/her own! Everyone has different opinions about these things

has anyone seen these, their description includes "learning to walk assistant"?
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270374994743

The thing that HELPS him to walk looks neat! The things I don't like (and it's just a personal opinion, not trying to offend anyone!) is the harness/leash combo that people put on their kids. IMO (and just my opinion!) it looks like a dog harness/leash and my child is not nor will she ever be a dog or treated like one. I've never liked them though, even when I was a teenager and saw people with them on their kids. Just doesn't seem...right to me, but to each his/her own! Everyone has different opinions about these things

I can understand this in one sense, but if you take my sister, with 3 children, she hasn't got enough hands to be running after her little one if he decides to run off, so it helps him to be a bit independent but not enough that he runs off too much.

I totally understand where you are coming from,but in my opinion I would rather my child safe and at hand than under the wheels of a car. Dec doesnt like his harness and he does tend to swing while on it, but if I am on a busy road he will be on it and I really dont think that I am treating him like a dog just because I want him safe. But like you said each to their own. xx
Wait till you have a toddler you might change your mind ;)

Char IS walking and running around...still won't have her on one, but like I said a few times, just our opinion. Charlotte holds onto my hand or the basket when we're in the store and in the road I carry her. I just can't bring myself to put her on one, but...to each their own.

I think the things you got would be great, obviously if it's something he wants to do. Does he pull up and cruise yet? Landon, my oldest, was walking fully by 9mo, so he was always down wanting to try before that too. I personally don't like the harness leash things either, I thought thats what you were talking about at first until I saw your link

I totally understand where you are coming from,but in my opinion I would rather my child safe and at hand than under the wheels of a car. Dec doesnt like his harness and he does tend to swing while on it, but if I am on a busy road he will be on it and I really dont think that I am treating him like a dog just because I want him safe. But like you said each to their own. xx
Wait till you have a toddler you might change your mind ;)

Exactly what i wanted to say , a baby walking is nothing like a tantruming 2-3 year old that will run off at any second :lol:

Also dont feel bad using one! There safety for our children , if i hadnt used one Carly wouldnt be with me now!

My OH has the same opinion. But i think they are a safety measure, and i'd much rather she wore reigns than got ran over because i'm not quick enough. x

I dont' understand kids running away from parents I guess. My sister and I never did it. My sister's 2 year old never runs away from her and she's got an 8week old now to push at the same time. If I had taken off away from my parents, even at that age...well, I would've onl done it once! I dunno. Like I KEEP saying...everyone has their own opinion.

Caitlyn is walking/running around but she doesn't have fits and run off. I don't like them either, probably try the wrist thing I guess..

We took Bella out on her reins for the first time last week and she loved it! We only used them from the car to the trolley bay in tescos (about a 4 min walk) but she loved the freedom of being able to walk and see everything and we loved the fact that she was under control. She can walk so confidently and for ages and she never fell once.

Caitlyn is walking/running around but she doesn't have fits and run off. I don't like them either, probably try the wrist thing I guess..

Wait until she is a bad tempered 18 month old that can actually run!!!! And tbh I think the wrist thing looks more like a leash and I always think they will hurt their little wrist when you pull them.

I dont' understand kids running away from parents I guess. My sister and I never did it. My sister's 2 year old never runs away from her and she's got an 8week old now to push at the same time. If I had taken off away from my parents, even at that age...well, I would've onl done it once! I dunno. Like I KEEP saying...everyone has their own opinion.

Oh boy I WISH Dec wouldnt run away from me :rofl::rofl: a blink of the eye and he is off the other direction :rofl:

Wait until she is a bad tempered 18 month old that can actually run!!!! And tbh I think the wrist thing looks more like a leash and I always think they will hurt their little wrist when you pull them.

I never said either of them look like a leash..

I never said you did ???

I never said you did ???

Sorry, thought since you were talking to me that you thought I did.

i prob wouldnt use them to encourage summer to walk, although the thing you have ordered looks much better! but i would use them when she is older and running around, you have to put your childs safety first, whether they look horrible or not!

My child's safety does come first, thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->