Baby Rice & Bottles

sam76

Mummy to George & Louie
Reaction score
Hi All, well were going to try George on Babyrice in a few weeks time, where do i start? How do i do it, etc, this is my first baby and im unsure what to do, do i give it him once a day etc, also does this miss a bottle out or still give him the bottle?? any help would be grateful, how do you make it up too??

Thanks all xxxxxxxxxx :thumbup:

I'm not making any judgements because I don't know why you want/need to start solids early, and it's obv none of my business, but solids should never replace milk before 6 months. If you haven't already, then I would chat to your HV or doctor about this. Also there is an early weaning support thread which may be of help to you.

There's guidance on the packets of baby rice as to how to make it up, start pretty runny and then slowly thicken over the weeks.

From what I've read in various books (I hit the library hard!), you give the food after a regular milk feed - this is what I do. And you take baby's lead on if/when he wants to have less milk.

I won't be judgemental on whether you should wean or not, I'm sure that you are able to find appropriate guidance on this. If you have a look on tinterweb (Heinz baby club, Cow & Gate, even the Food Standards Agency) you'll find helpful information about routine, quantities, introduction of puree etc. If you're more into BLW then check out the sticky on the subject.

HTH

I weaned Ben early hun, what I did was give him his normal milk to start with then after I introduced a few spoonfuls of it mixed up in a small bowl. After a week or so the amounts increased and the bottle amounts decreased. Then he went onto 2 and 3 meals a day after that.

Its made up to be like a wallpaper paste in texture :)

I had to give Miss M rice in her bottle from 8 weeks (gasp!) because of her reflux - she'd wake up choking on her own spit up, so that's what the pediatrician advised. Since she was so young, I did it once a day (last feed before bed), and added one level tsp per 2oz of formula - just enough to give it some weight, but still definitely a liquid. I moved up to a larger nipple on the bottle for that feed so she could get the thicker liquid out.

Good luck!

A

when ever you choose hunni, food until 12 month should be as well as milk as an accompnient not instead of milk.
if in doubt as to what signs of weaning to speak to your hv :) they'll have lots of info

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->