Baby Rice

Littlemo

Mummy of 3
Reaction score
Hello ladies and special babies ......... So I would ask my health visitor but after 3 weeks f her not returning one of my calls I give up so I came too u lovely ladies for advice. When did u start baby rie I been told its 17 to 20 weeks but is this corrective age or actual ? My little man is 18 weeks old tomorrow or corrective 5 weeks old, he is about 9lb now and always hungry . I recently changed his milk as he was only poohing every 5 days and put on lax's daily which I was not too happy with he was in so much pain I asked cud it be his milk as he was fine on EBM milk and forceifer in hospital. But was told not to change his milk but mummy knew best I changed it and he now poohs every day day and a totally different baby so would wud you ladies suggest when did u start baby rice ? Xx

Here is the guidelines from bliss on weaning a prem. Hopefully it will answer your questions.

https://www.bliss.org.uk/page.asp?section=584&sectionTitle=Weaning+your+p

I started weaning at 6 1/2 months but know people who have weaned around 5 months so do what you think is best.

Good luck

Hello :flower:

We started at 6 months actual, but we took it very very slowly and didn't push her. She seemed so tiny, but we were advised 5-7 months actual by neonatal. We did have a few arguments with the health visitor about it though!

xxxx

Thanks for ur replys ladies, I agree daniel just looks so tiny but he always sucking his fists and hungry I am at hospital with him next month so I think I'll wait till then and ask as just called health visitor and left another message I don"t think she will agree thou as she said 4oz feeds was too much but the packet and hospital said it was fine, I guess u always going to have a different advice xx

our health visitor doesn't understand preemies at all. She said that to wean Sophie at 6 months would be like weaning a 3 month old, but that's not the point - I know she was only 3 months corrected, but the guidelines are to wean going by the actual age, not the corrected age. I ended up starting to wean and just not telling her, because our neonatal unit wanted her on 3 meals a day by the time she went for her check up at 9 months actual/6 months corrected, and I didn't want to end up getting stressed over it.

Good luck - and if you need any more advice, the ladies on here are really helpful :) I was so scared when I started weaning Sophie but we soon got into the swing of things.

xx

It's 6 months actual. If your LO is hungry milk contains far more callories than baby rice. Baby rice might fill him up for longer but it fills him up on less calories. Most 5 weeks old are still feeding every 3-4 hours and there is a growth spurt around 6 weeks so LO could be going through that too.

We started at 14 weeks actual and 1 week corrected. I think she was aroun 7lb. This was on medical advice though as she had very severe reflux and milk didnt stay down x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->