baby rice

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
how thick should it be at first? i've been making it really liquidy, but think it should be thicker??

and also i find it really hard expressing and am gona get some formula to mak her rice with. how do i know what's best to give her?

its well confusin all this!

I use cow and gate formula and did when I was starting to give baby rice. I started giving it as quite runny and over a few weeks made it gradually thicker

Are there directions on the package hon?

I know with ours it's two tablespoons of formula or breastmilk and 1 tablespoon of cereal. The consistency is pretty good....not liquidy and not thick.

Its meant to be the consistency of double cream x

I use formula to make mine and I made it smooth, but not too runny because I just ended up spilling it all over... lol

the pack says a teaspoon of rice to 2desertspoons of milk, but i read a different brand's pack in tesco today and it says 1tsp rice to 10tsp milk so i'm confused!!

bought heinz nurture milk, just hope it doesnt upset her tummy!

it should coat the back of the spoon but you should be able to see the spoon through it. Apparently. (that's what I was told)

Personally, I made it quite runny (just so it didn't run off the spoon) to start with, and then thickened it up gradually.

yep i too made it runny at first, but she has it quite thick now. i just use her usual aptamil hungry baby formula x

Can you express milk? You should try and use the milk she is used to, especially since she is younger, formula and baby rice both have iron in them which can constipate some babies.

i can only express when m boobies are really full and now my supply's established that hardly every happens. i'm gona do m best to express, but have the formula as a back up

If it's hte type of rice that can have milk or water added and baby still takes plenty of milk through day, then the mik you add is just for taste right?
I used to mix the rice, water and a smidgen of formula powder all together. The powder was for the taste and save me having ot make it up separately. At one point I was trying to use her leftovers from bottle but there wasn't always any left! lol

good luck! you only need about 2 oz for cereal...

i'm expressing now cos she didnt wake for her night feed, but once my boobies realise she's not waking it'll stop!

the rice doesnt say it can be mixed with water so i'll stick to milk for now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->