Baby Ruby!

chrissy&marty

Reaction score
sorry this is late going on but i have been understandably bussy lol.

on the 12th of jan i had baby ruby, or should i say Ruby Fiona Marie Weston, at 22.25.

my labour was fairly smooth thankfully, early morning...around 4am i think i got up for one of my night wee's to find i had lost the rest of my mucusy plug or shall i say i had a 'show'. after this i started to get shooting pains in my lower back roughly every 10-20mins but i managed to get some sleep because at this point i didnt realise these where early contractions.

i got out of bed around 10am and thankfully my mother was working from home today (she was my hospital lift) and i told her what was happening and she said i should start taking note of LO's kickes and the pains... we started to notice they where getting closer together although the pain was still mainly lower back some times lower tummy.. this was not what i expected contractions to feel like so was a little worryed something was wrong. i decided to ring the delivery suit to ask what might be happening. they said that i was in early labour and because LO wasnt moving i should go in and get checked out.

so it was about lunch time when i went in to my local hospital which turned out to be very bussy and i had to wait a really long time to get checked. i also got moved from a private room to a comunual waiting room which i wasnt happy with because my contractions where starting to get sore and i was worryed about LO :cry:so my mum complained and i got moved back :happydance: after a spell on the moneter it was confurmed labour had began and LO was ok so i got moved to the delivary room. which was really nice and had loads of great things inside i felt relaxed now just knowing everything was ok and that the hospital was realy nice.

i had a bath after this which really helped my back and i would recomend it to anyone as a good way to pass time in early labour. when i got my first internal i was already 4cm gone so it looked like a fast labour.

after my bath i sat on a sofa and just tryed not to think about what was going on and each time a contraction came i went into my own world and just took deap long slow breaths through them, i think this is how i managed to do it with out pain relefe, i took a few puffs on the gas and air but didnt find much difference so i chose not to use it (although i had it close incase i changed my mind lol) to be honest this part of the birth was boaring i just tryed to relax and talk to my OH and mum about life with LO.

on my next internal i was about 8cm but babys chin was up and her head had gone squint, so a different women was brought in who helped me on a birthing ball with sling which i used for about 1hour and a half. this realy helped move her head but it was also a sore part of the labour where i wanted to push but could not because it might hurt LO, i found this hard but still got through by just relaxing my body and taking deap breaths.

when i came off for them to have a look how far along i was they could already see some of the head so i was quickly moved to the sofa/bed thing first of all facing forward but we quickly realised this position didnt soot me as i found it hard to push. i then went on to my knees with hands on the bed, this part of labour went fast but was realy hard work, i didnt mind the pain here because i felt like there was something i could do. she came quite fast and the midwife and training mw had to catch her with there hands because they didnt have time to get a mat lol.:blush:

after the birth i didnt get imediate skintoskin because she had made quite a large tair and there was also lots of blood on the floor and around me so she went to her dad untill i had delivered the placenta. i am breastfeeding and when i got to hold her she fed strait away:yipee:

i then had to have stitches which people had said where horrible and sore but i didnt even notice realy becuase i was just watching ruby in her crib.

she was 7lbs9oz at birth.

she is getting on great now, still a good eater and we havent had any major problems. :happydance: just a little jordise but thats gone now.

sorry this is long and my spelling is crap.

xx

Awww that nearly made me cry rofl. Congrats :happydance::hugs: You did so well. I hope my labour runs as smoothly! Well done. I want pics! xx

Oh also when my LO is born we'll have to meet up x

Congrats hunny! Love the name :cloud9:

Cant wait to meet my lil Ruby Mai!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AHHH! Sounds like a really goos labour! Congrats on you LO!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->