Baby Shower 26-27 weeks?

AngelBaby1115

It's a BOY!!
Reaction score
Good morning ladies!

Two quick questions for y'all. I'm thinking of having my baby showers around 26-27 weeks because We're being induced at 37 weeks due to hypertension. Is that to early? I want to have time to pick up the extra things we may need.

And do you have two separate showers for each side of the family or one big one? Thanks!

I think they're planning mine around then (for my mom's side of the family). I actually wish they would do it sooner. My dad's family is planning it for June and I'm being induced by the middle of June, so that's WAY too late.

I think that's perfect. If you wait to long then you just feel like crap! With my son I waited too long and was dreading the baby shower because I was so tired and so huge! I really didn't feel like having a party or entertaining guests. I will be having mine much earlier this time :) it also gives you time to figure out what you received and what you still need to get :)

Wow that is kinda late. We're being induced July 15th I just don't wanna be fat and uncomfortable at the shower. So you're doing two?

i don't think its too early....i'm having two mainly because none of our families live in the same area as we do...we're traveling to my home town in the middle of march....i'll be about 24 weeks and that's probably going to be our only trip home before the baby's born so they are putting together a small family shower for me then and my MIL is having one closer to where we live now with the few friends and family that live near by...but she wants to have that one a little later....probably early may....that's six weeks before my due date.....
i wouldn't worry about anything being too early....whenever you are happy and comfortable with will be best!! :D

I think that's perfect. If you wait to long then you just feel like crap! With my son I waited too long and was dreading the baby shower because I was so tired and so huge! I really didn't feel like having a party or entertaining guests. I will be having mine much earlier this time :) it also gives you time to figure out what you received and what you still need to get :)

Yea that's what I plan on. Our actual due date is August 9th. Can I ask when your anatomy scan is?

Wow that is kinda late. We're being induced July 15th I just don't wanna be fat and uncomfortable at the shower. So you're doing two?

Yes, my mom's family is mostly in Florida and my dad's in Michigan, so there's really no way to do them together. (I won't actually be going to Michigan, they are going to mail everything and then Skype with me while everyone else is there. I still wish they would do it earlier though and told them June wasn't really good for me as I could be in the hospital at any time then.)

My due date is august 19th :)

My anatomy scan is March 21st, I'll be 18 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->