baby shower questions

Lirpa11

Reaction score
So I am 14 weeks (tomorrow) with Baby #2.

Everyone I know has had a baby shower for #2.

My best friend helped plan the shower for number 1. She hasn't said anything about a shower for this one, nor has anyone else... I know once it gets closer to the due date everyone will be asking about the shower and be disappointed if we don't have one.

I would like to have one but I don't want last minute rushing and planning and disorganization. I also want something unique.

Is it terrible for me to start planning it myself?

We live in the US, I lived in Australia for 10 years and I quite like the idea of a 'morning tea' somewhere. That's not overly kid/baby friendly which could be a problem...

So anyhow what are my options? Do I wait for someone to mention it to me or start organizing what I want myself ?

I also don't speak to my bestie as often anymore. She has a kid and job and doesn't message me unless I message her first so I'm not going to ask her for that as she is already very busy anyway...

Hm tough call. If you have a specific vision, I'd start planning it then if someone asks let them help or take over.

I planned my last one myself and I'll plan this one (just a family BBQ really.)myself ha. I like to know what's going on and don't really have any close friends/family that have the money or would probably offer. So I do it myself.

My brother was going to plan mine and then things came up and I took it over. I much prefer the idea Of knowing what it's going to entail instead of handing over the power and possibly having something (like guess how big her belly is!) that would unintentionally upset me. My mom thinks she's taken it over from me now but I'm still able to call the shots with it. So much less stressful that way in my opinion.

I am sitting at this crossroads myself.
I had my first child 4 (will be 5 years) ago and I wasn't in a great spot so my mom threw my shower for me.
I am in a better spot, with a much better partner and a better group of friends this time around.
I want another shower because we got rid of everything except our cloth diapers and a few special pieces of clothing. We knew we wouldn't be having another baby right away so we didn't see the point in hanging onto it.
I don't see as many people having showers with their second anymore and my mom has already said she isn't totally sold on the idea as she sees it as selfish. But we have talked since and she has come around to the idea.
The people invited would know that we aren't just double dipping, and that it is his first child.

For me, personally, I have basically enlisted my friends to help me organize it. But being subtle has never been my specialty so some people may think me telling them they're throwing one was rude. lol

Hmmm...I'm kind of surprised everyone you know has a baby show for baby #2. I was always told it was just something for baby #1. Because the idea is that then you already have all the baby stuff, no need for anything else.

I personally would be offended if I had to go to a second baby shower with the idea of it being a "gift grab."

But if it is normal in your circle of friends, I say go for it!

If I ever have a shower for baby #2 (if there ever is baby #2, fx!) I would probably specify "no gifts please" on the invitations. People might still bring gifts, but I would make it clear they weren't expected. But that's just me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->