Baby shower themes/ideas

.hopeful.one.

Reaction score
I have two pregnant friends and I'm doing a shower for each! (What am I thinking?) lol I need help coming up with unique baby shower themes. I feel like everything has been so overdone. Any ideas? I figured you ladies would be the best people to ask.

I wish I could help you, but I can't seem to even come up with any ideas for my own. Not that I am in charge of planning it but I wouldn't mind helping with ideas if I could. Following...

Pinterest has been my best friend. Lol mines just blue and burlap themed. Not even a theme really just a color scheme. (Though personally I never would have chosen burlap I am starting to like it) one of my friends is planning it and I'm kind of letting her have free reign.

We had a co-ed baby shower yesterday... pretty much just a big bbq, but the theme of the shower was "Rock-a-bye Baby"... my husband is a musician so everything was centered around music.

My friend that hosted found the inspiration on Pinterest and Etsy.

I'm having a boy my shower theme is anchors and sail boat theme! Pinterest has given me a lot of ideas!

Thanks for the ideas! A nautical theme would be really cute for the boy. My other friend is having a girl but she doesn't want pink. Maybe I could do mermaids? Then some of the decor and stuff could be used for both?? I don't know why it's so hard to decide lol

I had my shower today and it was just spring colors and flowers. You could change the colors to purple and gray or something like that. We also had a headband making station and a diaper raffle. Got A LOT of needed diapers!

Attachments

• 0308151154c-1.jpg
    0308151154c-1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 0308151154a-1.jpg
    0308151154a-1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 0308151200b-1.jpg
    0308151200b-1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 9
  • 0308151810a-1.jpg
    0308151810a-1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 11
Mod19 that headband making station is an awesome idea! I love the idea of people making custom stuff for the baby. I am having a boy otherwise I would totally be stealing it. Maybe next time :thumbup:

I did a lion king theme for the decorations, but when it came to the cupcakes I had pink and striped theme for them. (pink and brown) I'm a very simple person though. We didn't play games either since a lot of the people there were 'older' and they always complain afterwards about playing such stupid games XD So we just drew names out of a basic for door prize winners.

We did a "baby" theme shower for DD. We had mini/baby food. It turned out adorable. :)

Oh mermaid would be cute like lavander, tiffany blue, seafoam green? You could get some seashells to use at both showers and fish net table cloth would work for both!

Thanks for the ideas! A nautical theme would be really cute for the boy. My other friend is having a girl but she doesn't want pink. Maybe I could do mermaids? Then some of the decor and stuff could be used for both?? I don't know why it's so hard to decide lol

Nautical for a boy & mermaid for a girl are perfect! I imagine the mermaid theme would have silver, purple & sea blue while the nautical would be white, red & navy blue.

You could use pompoms and/or balloons for decor. Decorated candy jars. You could have themed cupcakes, cookies or cake pops. On Google images I saw a pic of cute purple octopus cake pops.

I've seen pics of a girly nautical theme shower. The pompoms were navy blue & pink (and maybe something else...). Your friend doesn't want a pink shower though but I don't think a girly nautical theme would be too pink anyway!

I had a subtle beach theme and re-used most of the decor from my beach theme destination wedding. Colors were turquoise and hot pink. I had message in a bottle advice for mommy, we made cupcakes with seashell candy toppers, cake pops, mimosa bar and lots of ideas from Pinterest. Here are some pics!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g