Baby sick on first milk, want to take off comfort milk..follow on?

Twinklestar20

Reaction score
Hello

My son is 24 weeks, he was bf until 6 weeks then moved on to aptamil first milk, he was very sicky and was always in pain passing bottom wind. We were advised to go onto aptamil comfort. We have done so and he has been much better. We tried to move him back to first milk a couple months ago, however there was no improvement.

He is now in the early stages of weaning and I wan't to take him of comfort milk. I've read a few horror stories that just sticking to comfort milk may cause lactose intolerance in the future as the gut doesn't learn how to deal with lactose properly. I have since tried aptamil first again and there is still no improvement. Should I move onto follow on milk or perhaps choose a new brand altogether? as I feel it may just be aptamil that he has a problem with.

Any advice would be appreciated
TIA

Can't imagine why the comfort milk would cause lactose intolerance because it's still lactose, it's just partially broken down. I mean I guess I can see the logic there, but I've never heard of that.

I don't know anything about the effects of comfort milk but I tried Aptamil first milk with my LO after he started suffering with constipation and it made him really sick and refluxy, it could just be that particular brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->