Baby slings?

Mummy2Angel.

Mason & Max's Mummy
Reaction score
A bit early, but i want to try and get my head around it just now :haha::blush:

Baby carriers, slings etc?

What kinds have you all got?

Which are best for new borns? for 6+ months?

I feel a bit clueless about it all really :dohh:

Have you had any you wouldnt recommened? Where did you get it from and how much?

Sorry for all the questions :lol:

I had a hippy chick sling which I used just to potter around the house, that was £25. Then for out and about we used the mothercare 5 in one. I loved it as when they are tiny they face in on your chest with their head supported, as they get older and want to look around you can face them outwards, and as they get older will go on your back. You can also feed pretty discreatly in it if you want to as well. This one we got secondhand. I highly recommend doing that if you can as you can get such good deals. NCT nearly new sales are good for that! It was £5 and the best £5 I've spent!

For 6 months plus we have bought a larger backpack type carrier, its a baby weavers (from kiddicare) and cost £40. Its got a kickstand and rain/sun cover for the babies.

When choosing, think about how quickly they grow from newborn (unfortunately :nope:) and also how well the sling/carrier supports weight, as it might be fine when their tiny but uncomfortable as they get older and you'll end up not using it!

Hope this helps xx

we have a moby - I heard stretchy wraps were good ones for newborns - my LO loves it. Currently on amazon at about £33 though I got mine through a forum.

I went to a local slingmeet - was great as ladies brought their carriers and I could see which worked for us before buying one online :thumbup: might be worth a look!

freedom ring sling is working great forus at the min, I have a moby wrap coming too. Also have a mei tai but shes a bit ickle for that yet :)

I'd bought a Moby preloved off here when I was pregnant, and that did us until Jack was around three months old. I got tired of re-tying it, so I sold it on Netmums and bought a Sleepy Nico (a buckled mei tai) off there preloved. That's what we're still using and loving!

I love the idea of a Moby wrap it looks lush, we used a baby bjorn until lo was 11 months but i dont recommend it, we not have a Maya Tie (mei tai made the maya wrap ppl) and love that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->