• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby still high

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
Might still be early but I remember both boys being pretty low at this stage and now with dd she is still in my ribs. Is there anything I can do to help this or will she eventually come down on her own?

Same here. Mine was engaged but has got himself into an awkward position. I have been on all fours a bit to encourage him to move and doing walking helps them engage too.

Good luck!

Sitting/bouncing on a birthing ball can help bring baby down. You have to be consistent with it though. I sit on mine every night for about an hour or two (not straight because I have a kid to take care of as well but over the span of the evening) and last week at my ultrasound, she said there was only a cm of fluid between his head and my uterus with 10 cm by his feet. He was even lower than that at my appointment this week.

My daughter was high through all my pregnancy that my ribs felt so bruised and she didn't drop or engaged till my waters went :)

Good luck

Last pregnancy (which was my first one) LO never descended until the middle of labor. This one is shaping up to be similar. I go for walks frequently and sit on the ball for hours every day so I don't particularly think there's more I could be doing. I even tried chiropractic last time -- nothing! You could try all of those things (walking up and down hills or stairs is supposed to be especially helpful) but I think some babies just like to stay up high. I still had a smooth labor last time and I'm sure yours will be just fine if it's your third!

Neither of mine dropped prior to labour, I remained high the entire time. I've still got a bit more to go with #3 but I wouldn't be surprised if I stay high again. Both my previous labours were quick with good recovery so I wouldn't worry too much.

Walking definitely helps get them in position though :)

I've heard that with subsequent pregnancies you don't really drop until you're in labor, but I don't know if that's true! I don't remember dropping in my first pregnancy, so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->