Baby swings

bex

Our little princess
Reaction score
I really don't know which one to choose. We want a compact one that folds up. Have narrowed it down to the mamas and papas star lite swing and the fisherprice rainforest swing.

Which one have you got? Have you had one recommended to you?

i wanted the mama and papas 1 as its really samll and looked fab but as money was a bit tigt we bought a fisher price 1 similar 2 the rain forest style for a bargain £16! and love it! i think either 1 u go for will be a good choice! x

we bought the full size fisher price rainforest one from the states cost us £40 instead of the £99 they charge over here lol

it looks great cant wait to try it

I have a big Graco one that I bought when Lauren was born (nearly 6 years ago)....it's very sturdy and had been through 3 kids and will be used again when Smudge comes along. You can remove the seat cover easily for washing and it has a mobile over it and toys on the tray at the front...the tray also makes it safer for baby when they start sitting up and leaning forward.

My sister bought that Rainforest one and was bragging that it was gonna be much better than mine coz she can sling it in the car and take it to her friend's house etc. A few months down the line she was complaining coz it doesn't have as much erm....swing IYKWIM? And now her baby is older (8months) she can't put her in anymore coz the baby throws herself forwards and tips it slightly coz there's only a little strap at the front to hod her in and no tray like on mine.

My little boy is nearly 10months and still loves his swing....its' so sturdy and has a tray in front for his rice cakes, cucumber sticks, toys etc

I have the Graco Sweetpeace Soothing Center. I call it my Cadillac of baby swings. It's AMAZING although if you're looking for something small and portable I wouldn't reccommend it as the base is fairly heavy. It's a really great swing though.

Attachments

• babyswing.jpg
    babyswing.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 10
I have a big Graco one that I bought when Lauren was born (nearly 6 years ago)....it's very sturdy and had been through 3 kids and will be used again when Smudge comes along. You can remove the seat cover easily for washing and it has a mobile over it and toys on the tray at the front...the tray also makes it safer for baby when they start sitting up and leaning forward.

My sister bought that Rainforest one and was bragging that it was gonna be much better than mine coz she can sling it in the car and take it to her friend's house etc. A few months down the line she was complaining coz it doesn't have as much erm....swing IYKWIM? And now her baby is older (8months) she can't put her in anymore coz the baby throws herself forwards and tips it slightly coz there's only a little strap at the front to hod her in and no tray like on mine.

My little boy is nearly 10months and still loves his swing....its' so sturdy and has a tray in front for his rice cakes, cucumber sticks, toys etc

I have a graco one in the loft which sounds very similar to the one you've got. We had it for my son but we have moved house since we last used it and space is a big issue. As good as it is we just haven't got the space for it.

we brought the mamas and papas starlight one, we picked it up from ebay on local collection for only £20 and its immaculate. they are not in them for long so it might be worth having a look and on local pick up you can inspect it before you buy as well

I have a graco one in the loft which sounds very similar to the one you've got. We had it for my son but we have moved house since we last used it and space is a big issue. As good as it is we just haven't got the space for it.

Aww shame...we've moved it upstairs coz with the playpen up there's no room downstairs for it. I pop it up and put Toby in it while I'm cleaning and tidying upstairs then fold it back down and put in in the big cupboard we have on the landing when not in use :happydance::happydance::happydance:

We have got the Mamas And Papas Perfect Height one was around £90

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->