baby then no baby :(

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by Miss_Jade, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Miss_Jade

Miss_Jade other

Okay so about a month ago maybe 2 i had a pregnancy 'scare', (although i wasn't scared) and for like a week almost two i thought i was pregnant and i got really happy although i was still kinda worried but i was excited at the thought of being pregnant, well it turned out i wasn't pregnant and i came on and i was really really crushed by this, i started to feel like id lost a baby and i cried for days and days about it and i was really heart broken, so was my boyfriend and i just wondered if anyone else had felt like this and whether i was being irrational when i felt like i had lost a baby (although there was not actual baby), i just wanna know if anyone else has anything similar happen to them and am i normal to be upset about this. also this is another reason i wanna wait till august so i can properly get over this :/

2. odd_socks

odd_socks Long Term WTT

:hugs: :hugs: completely know how u feel chick, i had this last year and it crushed me :( (made it worse that my OH was over the moon that i wasnt :()

3. butterfly1988

butterfly1988 Well-Known Member

awww poor thing!!! I'm totally know what you mean!! Hugs :D x

4. Miss_Jade

Miss_Jade other

aww thats so sad i feel so sad for you, i do feel lucky that my shaun was as cut up about it as i was, tbh its nice to know that im not alone in this and that other people feel the same.

5. odd_socks

odd_socks Long Term WTT

thats good that ur OH felt as bad as u :hug: means u have his support and bnb girls will help too :)

6. Miss_Jade

Miss_Jade other

it does mean alot that other people are there to support me as well as my OH and i just wanna thank you all for your support and hugs cause its lovely to know others actually care :)

7. odd_socks

odd_socks Long Term WTT

thats what we are here for chick :D

8. opticalillus5

opticalillus5 Mummy to two princesses.

Awwww honey :hugs: I know exactly what you mean... You get your hopes up so high and then the dreaded AF turns up :cry: It's happened to me before, and it's not nice :hugs:

I wouldn't put off ttc just on that basis though - you'll feel amazing once you get that :bfp:

9. Joey_baby

Joey_baby Guest

Hi, sad isnt it, ive had to do a pregnancy test it was the scariest thing but we both wanted it to come out positive but it didnt and we were so upset :(

10. Miss_Jade

Miss_Jade other

we was going to do the test the next day but i came on :( and yh it was devastating i felt like a failure because i wasnt pregnant and i know how much my OH wants to be a daddy and i just wanted to make him proud :(

11. Joey_baby

Joey_baby Guest

Just got to smile and move on i suppose and now you can prepare and plan for when you are going to be pregnant

12. BunInTheBelly

BunInTheBelly Expecting baby #2

In Feb we had a bit of a "scare" too. OH was actually getting excited but of course after the BFN came up we were both relieved (he had just been laid off - worst timing possible!). After, though, I was sad too, thinking about how OH had reacted and if fate was a little different... I think it just ramped up my broodyness, and definitely confirmed that any "oops" we might have would definitely be a happy accident!

Hugs for you, and I'm glad you have a sympathetic OH and you know you're not alone on this!

13. pixie23

pixie23 Well-Known Member

Whether you were trying or not, getting a BFN when you're hoping it's positive is crushing. We tried for 4 months before DH went away to training and I was really late as well as nauseated a couple of those months, every BFN was horrible, but I know one day when we get our BFP that the BFNs of the past will be far from my mind.
    I think a lot of people go through this. TTC is a rollercoaster of emotion.

14. Webbykinskt

Webbykinskt Well-Known Member

I've had this for 3 years so I know how you feel :hugs: I had a suspected chemical in April and seeing that faint positive made me so excited but the BFN's after just destroyed me. By the time I went to the doctors he did a blood test and suggested chemical pregnancy.

But the good to come out, is that OH is a lot closer to being on board for TTC so I'm sort of grateful. Only delay your TTC if you're sure it will help. Maybe NTNP instead would help you? xx

15. Miss_Jade

Miss_Jade other

Thank you all for your comments and guidance it really does help me, honestly i really dont know what im gonna do i think i will just wait and see in august and see how we go when we start trying :) xxx

16. everdreaming

everdreaming Guest

:hugs: I've had similar. Earlier this year I had a "scare" but I was also really sick at the time and (long story short) the Dr told me I was "definitely pregnant" (with a :bfn: stick literally in his hand) then almost three weeks later I was rushed to hospital with "miscarriage" or "ectopic pregnancy".

Turned out to be neither!!! :dohh:

But I definitely felt like I'd lost that 'baby'. Even just one week is long enough to accept that it is a possibility, or in my case it was long enough to start to believe what all the healthcare professionals were telling me. To lose that is surprisingly painful for your heart and emotions to deal with.

:hugs: :hugs: xxx :flower:

17. Rosered52

Rosered52 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. :( I had a chemical myself, and there was an irrational part of me that felt embarrassed that I'd gotten so excited about something that lasted only a couple of days. We were TTC, so I was sooooo stoked, and saying things to my husband like "your wife is pregnant! Get her a glass of water." :). Sad, ashamed, horribly disappointed....it's surprising, how many emotions come into play.

18. LakensMommy11

LakensMommy11 Well-Known Member

This happened to me about 2 weeks ago...was very upset....as if it didn't happen "accidentally" then we would have to wait until our original TTC date of late sept/early oct...we're better off that way but still I got a little too excited about the possibilty!

19. iHeartbaby#1

iHeartbaby#1 Well-Known Member

When i switched from the depo shot and was waiting for my BC pills... me and OH had 2 weeks of unprotected sex :blush:

We were a little worried because i finished a pack and a half of the pills and still hadn't got my AF. I decided to buy an EPT test and i was soo nervous and thought no way am i ready to be pregnant THIS soon... but i must have been subconsciously hoping for a BFP because when it came out negative i was really upset :(

I think that even just being faced with the possibility of being pregnant... brings out the mommy instinct in us and we fall in love with our non existent babies!

20. JessPape

JessPape Myself, Husband, DD

I've never felt that upset, but I have been fairly crushed not too see a BFP when I knew we probably shouldn't be excited, our situation at the time wasn't great.. Anyways, the ladies here are great for helping:) feel free to express how ur feeling any day.