baby to own room, tips please

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
hi all

finally we have decided to move Hermione to her own room:hissy::hissy::hissy:

we brought the matress and its arriving in the week so will start next week end. am so sad, boo but we need to as we disturb her when we come to bed

i have started sleeping her in the room in her little bed in the day, other than that i have no ideas?
any tried and tested techniques????

thanks you fountains of all knowledge

Put a chair next to the cot ... standing up trying to settle them at 3am is not easy :lol:

I dont have any real tips as Hebe is still in with us but I have started putting her in her cot during the day for naps. I'm hoping that will make her familiar with the surroundings :shrug: Good luck!! x

I find that when Brooke wakes its easier to re settle her if i keep her in her cot ... i dont talk to her or pick her up just put the dummy in and put my hand across her chest.

I also try to put her down at night semi awake, to help her get used to the surroundings. I found if i let her fall asleep before i put her in there she would wake up and started crying not knowing where she was :lol:

Im still to put Ellie in her room to. I hope i dont upset her routine as she sleeps through 7.30pm til 7am. Ive been having Ellie have her day naps in her cot so she gets used to it and she seems to sleep ok in there. Im hoping to move her next weekend well sunday as im out on saturday night and dont want to upset the routine til after that lol.

Hello. Im sure she will be fine. I really did not want to put Toby into his own room but he was getting far too big for his moses basket. The first couple of nights I slept in the same room but he was fine, I was more bothered than him!! I love going into him in the morning and he gives me a huge grin and puts his chubby arms up for me to get him out. Before he went into his room i did put him in his cot for daytime naps so he got used to it like some of the other mummies did. Good luck xx

We used to try to put Poppy in her cot for daytime naps and she just used to cry. So we were dreading putting her in her own room at night. Didn't do it till she was 6m, and for a few weeks she was in the moses basket, in the cot. She sleeps so much better now, and she is happy to play for a while when she wakes in the morning until we go in. It was definitely worse for us than it was for Poppy!

Don't be tempted to take her back into your bed once you do start putting her in her room at night. BIG mistake! Lol as the other girls have said I put Grace down in her cot for naps in the daytime to gether used to it

I decided holly was in her room from day one but i rocked her to sleep in my arms, gave her a kiss gentle put her doen then left the room - if she started crying i waited 10 mins before going to her (easier said than done) but she could usually settle herself in this time.
Good luck hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"