baby wearing in the sun.....

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
Might be a really stupid question buttt what about when its really sunny??? when there in the buggy you can put the parasol over them but what about in the wrap or sling or whatever i had harry in the wrap the other day with a hat on, but how do you stop them getting too warm all wraped up on you?? am i just worrying for no reason ? :rofl:

hmm im really wary of putting leyla in the wrap when its too hot, i have her in the pushchair cos i dont want her overheating :dohh:

x

I just stick to the shade. If I was really hot, and thought that it was too hot to wear Freya, I would just carry her. It was very hot when we were on holiday last week, we had Freya in the sling in just a nappy and made sure we were wearing light clothes and only walked in the shade. She had plenty of sunscreen on and was fine. :)

On the wrap as well as long as your LO's big enough you don't have wrap their arms up so their bodies are free. That sound confusing so I've posted a pic

https://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/74/l_90da2af74a504ea9bd9d34ccc75b540e.jpg

Something like that so it's really only their bum that's covered x

ah yeah, harrys only 11 weeks so cant really carry him like that, i mean atm hes fine its not too hot but i do worry about when hes older, beeing in the sun n stuff!

:dohh: missed your ticker. The only other thing is (and what I'm hoping to do too if I have enough pennies) is get a linen wrap, I'd imagine that would keep him nice and cool x

oooh yeah a linen one would be nice! might just buy a huge bit of linen!

I've been wondering about this too, when it was summer last year I wasn't baby wearing at all.

I've been thinking of changing the way she is in her mei tai so it's just her bum in it and her top half free but I'm afraid of her bending backwards and falling out! I'm guessing this isn't likely??

I know what you mean so when I put Ry in the wrap with his arms free I only put him on my front cos he has a habit of throwing his head back the now and I would have a heart attack if he done that whilst on my back x

leyla does the same ^^ i panic with her in the wrap already and have to make sure shes in really tight and in the hot weather thats just not feasible :(

x

You can get carriers that are just straps, obv not good for a tiny baby, but I've seen pics with bigger babies, they must be nice and cool :) also gauze ones are very light.

hmm i must be thinking of something else, oh hang on, im thinking of voile? is that what its called? that would deffo rip :haha:

x

I think when you're babywearing and walking around, as long as you're not too hot and your baby is wearing about the same as you clothes-wise, they shouldn't get too hot either. They're not actually walking around and getting hot because of that. I know more of their body is in the sling though so I count that as a layer of Leyla's clothing. Think I'll just be putting Leyla in her nappy and wearing her as normal if we do get a nice summer.

oooh yeah a linen one would be nice! might just buy a huge bit of linen!

I just got my new summer linen ring sling...its very cool material

I just posted a link in the sticky of carrier reviews if thats any use!

I think id do as said above, consider the carrier as a layer of clothing, a hat (and someone to make sure it stays on :lol:) and lots and lots of suncream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->