Baby will be born Sun/Mon (induction), advice needed urgently re consultant!

Firestar

Pregnant with first :)
Reaction score
Had a 36wk growth scan yesterday, and all is not well - until now, baby seemed to be above the 90th percentile based on 30wk scan and my bump measurements, however, yesterdays scan showed a significant drop in the rate of growth.

I can going to be induced on Sunday at 37+1, obviously my biggest worry is about my baby - is it something I've done that means he hasn't grown properly? Feeling so guilty, I feel like my body hasn't done it's job properly with him, and I feel like a failure.

My consultant (met him for the first time yesterday) seems like a total jerk (partner agreed with me), and I have no idea what my options are - can I ask this late in the day for a different consultant? Am I likely to see this man during labour, or will it be someone else?

I had had the go ahead only on Monday for the birth that I wanted - everything has totally changed now, and I'm terrified - I feel like I've lost all control and my dislike of this consultant is fueling the anxiety.

Hi
I am sorry your plans have been put aside but with my induction at 37weeks I can not fault!
I would do it a million times over, but I totally understand your dissappointment!
This is far from your fault! if baby is not growing well do they think its because of placenta? If so then that's something no one can change, every placenta has a lifespan so one women can have one that will last 40+weeks then another only to 30weeks.
I am consultant led too but seen her all the time, you can change consultants and get second opinions that Is your right! You have to do what's right for you and baby! I never saw my consultant when I was In labour the medical doctors took over.
Please don't stress yourself out too much Hun all will be ok!
I would speak to your main midwife about how you feel and I am sure she will help you as much as she can!
Good luck Hun xx

Thanks so much - I will certainly phone my midwife, she's been amazing, and I know she will give me advice if she can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->