Baby will be here in 4 days and just using the name everyone expects :(

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
This sounds crazy but our little boy is being delivered on Thursday and I'm just not mad about his name.

The thing is though, all close family and friends refer to him as 'Henry' and I don't think there's another name out there that I prefer but I just struggle to actually LOVE the name and I still refer to him as baby or the boy!

With DD she was Louise from 17 weeks pregnant and we both LOVED the name, always referred to her as Louise, everyone knew etc etc but just feels different this time.

I'm not sure if its just cos were not quite as excited this time round in general or just because neither of us really have a boys name that we love but we both really like Henry.
All birthday, mothers and Father's Day cards have been signed 'Henry' now too so kinda feel like we have to use it....... Lol

Henry is a cute name! But don't be influenced by the fact that everyone is already calling him that! Lots of ppl change their mind!! Some of the cards from my baby shower say "Tyler" but by the time my son was born I picked a diff name. Actually, I changed to a different name after seeing him. I'm a strong believer that you will know once you see the baby!

I think over the next few days you and your OH should compile a list of names you both like, and then decide once he's born. Maybe give your friends & family the heads up that you are still deciding on the right name, so they know it may change.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide! I hope you find a name you love! :flower:

I agree, you don't have to commit until baby is born. He may come out and totally look like a Henry, or another name might suit him better. I would give the family a little heads up also :)

Plenty of people change their minds, my friends decided in the registry office! Don't worry, just wait and see how you feel after he's here and maybe tell f&f you aren't completely sure. For the record, I absolutely love Henry.

People change their minds all the time. Just because cards and such say Henry doesn't mean that you can't pick a different name after the birth. You might fall in love with the name the second you see him OR you might pick a different one entirely! It's completely your choice.

Just wait til you see him, you will know if he is a Henry or not. :) i always tell family that whatever ends up on the birth certificate is what theyll have to call him regardless. Xx

When my coworker sent out the annoucement for DD1 no one had any idea what was going on. We had loved Madison so much and knew we were going to Grace as a middle name. They all thought we were naming her Gracie and couldn't figure out what her name was and which baby they were congratulating. Even my husband's aunt was calling her Emma, another name we had said we were thinking of naming her...
My DH was naming all the names while she laying there sleeping and he said "Brooklyn" and she opened her eyes, so we named her Brooklyn Grace. Don't fret too much you may see him and know that he is not a Henry, or you may see him and think, yep that's my Henry.

Yes trust me you can change the name :p my lo was called Ayush all mothers day cards etc.. signed from ayush then when he was born I was having second thoughts. Changed his name the night BEFORE I registered him haha

Guess what, my best friend was in the hospital for two days before they picked the name Isaac. They had originally settled on Jaden but once she saw him she just couldn't picture it so they just referred to him as "baby Taylor" until she picked a name. So you definitely don't have to worry about what others are saying. Do some mad researching until you come across a name you really love! Or make one up! Who cares! You'll have to say their name for the rest of your life. If you're not happy with Henry then do some research. Run out and get an obscure name book and if you have to wait a day or two in the hospital without a name, oh well, at least you'll have a name you won't regret giving your baby.

Guess what, my best friend was in the hospital for two days before they picked the name Isaac. They had originally settled on Jaden but once she saw him she just couldn't picture it so they just referred to him as "baby Taylor" until she picked a name. So you definitely don't have to worry about what others are saying. Do some mad researching until you come across a name you really love! Or make one up! Who cares! You'll have to say their name for the rest of your life. If you're not happy with Henry then do some research. Run out and get an obscure name book and if you have to wait a day or two in the hospital without a name, oh well, at least you'll have a name you won't regret giving your baby.

Do you have to stay in hospital until LO has a name in America??

I was the same my second child was called Delilah Rose throughout my pregnancy and once she was born we hate the name for her because she really didn't suit it and changed it to Darcie
You should keep your options open and get a couple of names you like and see what you feel like when he arrives

This is an old post from back in June. It looks like (based on her signature) that she did end up naming him Henry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->