Baby Willow- Born 25/11.2009!Funny!

flower01

Expecting Baby 3!!
Reaction score
Hi all!

Finally got round to posting my birth story!:flower:

Baby was due 27th November and on Wednesday 25th i woke up to period pain. My asked hubby to work from home allday instead of half the day he had planned to come to my midwife checkup with me. He said no and went on his merry way!:cry:
I got up around half 9 and the pain was worse but still period pain like and i was confused as i was under the impression contraction pain started at the top of the womb! thats wrong.

15 mins later i felt like id pee'd myself and went to check and my knickers were wet but not loads!
Rang hubby who came home! yay!
I rang the hospital and they said to change the pad and ring them back in an hour and tell them if there was anymore on the pad.

well....
5 minutes before i was going to call, my waters fully broke, like Niagra falls!!!!
i was shouting to hubby to help me into the bath cos i didnt want it going everywhere, and instead he went and grabbed the camera!!!!!!! charming!:dohh:

Got into the bath and it just gushed and gushed! muscous plug and all!

So the hospital said to go in.

As soon as the waters broke the contractions were coming thick and fast! they were prob about 4-5 mins apart, the drive was agony and i nearly broke the car handle off gripping on as each contraction came- encountered some road rage on route as hubby wanted to get there asap and people were driving slowly! lol

Got into the hospital finally after stopping 3 times from the car to the delivery suite for contractions!
got in and they gave me gas and air as the tens machine didnt seem to be helping anymore!
after 15mins they examined me and i was 6cm dialated!!!!

the contractions were agony and i remember after a while shouting that the gas and air had run out! lol, it hadnt at all.

After a short while i got into the pool which helped a little but not loads.
I then started making these wierd and wonderful noises and new something was up. They checked me again and in the space of an hour i was 10 cm!!!!!

so then comes the pushing stage! I kept remembering what a random lady had said to me once "push like your having a poo and baby will just pop out!"

well, i knew other things apart from baby was coming out but i really couldnt give a hoot by then! lol
i pushed like i was having a poo and low and behold, baby came out fine!
i remember the burning sensation and what my ante natel teacher said about it, how when the head comes out thats what it will feel like, so i knew at that point we were very close!

My beautiful baby girl (who we were convinced was a boy!) was born after only 3.5hours labour and her mummy only using gas and air!:happydance:
:cloud9:
We had tea and toast afterwards(not the usual champers!) as i was gagging for a cup of tea! Tea makes everything better doesnt it!lol:coffee:

i had a 2nd degree tear and had to be stitched afterwards which kinda stung.
I didnt want to stay on the ward so later that evening we went home!!

I was so suprised i only used gas and air as i have the lowest pain threshold ever! lol!

so there we have it..... now we plan the next one! hee hee!
heres a piccy!

Attachments

• Willow! 008.jpg
    Willow! 008.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Image028.jpg
    Image028.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 46
You clever brave lucky thing!!! Great birth honey.

Congrats - she's gorgeous!! Xxx

aww bless! Shes a cutie! Well done on only gas and air! And i cant believe he ran for the camera! :rofl: xx

Oh well done to you!!
What a fab labour story - you done brilliantly, and your daughter is so gorgeous xx

welll done and she is JUST GORGEOUS!!!!

wow lucky you with a fast labor! congrats .. shes beautiful! love the name btw :)

Awwwwk she is absolutely gorgeous!!!:)

I hope my labour is as quick as yours was!!! Still cant believe you were back on BnB that night telling us you'd had Willow :haha:

Me next please!!!! xx

Awwww...what a cutie! And a nice birth story....I hope my labour runs like yours :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->