baby wont sleep

Great news cupcake! Can I suggest a copy of the Secrets of the Baby Whisperer if you get a chance. Margerle and I might disagree on this again O:) Best of luck with the pumping!

will try it thnx

yeah, right!

our gp also said everything is fine with LO and she wakes up so often 'cos she ist still hungry!

as some of you know already, we had our first appoinment at the ostheopath last tuesday, and we see little but significant improvement already!

she sleeps far deeper and can therefore go much longer awake without getting fuzzy! which is a major improvement as I just never got anything done!

I had to tell her about pregancy, labour and birth and she confirmed what I ever have suspected, that it is due to the fact of her stucking in the birth canal when the urge to push started, but I didn't start to push as the midwife wasn't around.

therefore pressure built up in her body, which she still has inside, sitting in her head and spine.

we have to go for 3-4 more session, but OH and me are looking forward so much to them as already now, she goes off much easier, sleeps deeper, goes for longer awake and starts as well bending on her knees and putting up her bum in the air, whilst on her belly and on her arms! beforehand she always looked like she wants to do this movement, but for some reason she can't and she got frustrated very quickly whilst on her belly.

her spine seems to be much more flexible now, as she also propellers around on her belly all of a sudden as if she could do it since birth.

the ostheopath said the sleeping problem is a rising problem and it looks like it's down to poor care at hospital during birth. they are totally understuffed and the midwifes at hospital can't give the necessary support. she said as well, you shouldn't leave a person alone in my situation (that I was left alone, when urge to push came) and she was very surprised too, when she heard LO was out with three pushes!

I knew it from beginning on, the hospital f****d it up :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

sorry, little bit long now :baby:

ps: possibly thinking about your pregnancy, labour and birth, was there sth which was unusual?

i have the same trouble. i do swaddle him and it does seem to help - otherwise he tends to wake himself up with his arms flinging around - he just cant keep his hands still. Swaddled he has on occasions slept for hours. Also, if in doubt i co sleep - i can breast feed laying down and he'll just fall asleep when he's had enough. i'd prefer him to not get into the habit of sleeping in our bed but if it helps us all sleep its great for now!!

mickey, its really interesting that you say its due to birth trauma, my husband and i were thinking the same thing, when my son was born, his head was the wrong way and his heart rate was decelerating if i pushed on my left side, i had to push for 2.5 hours and ended up needing a vacuum and even then it was a few attempts.
i cant help feeling maybe he was a bit traumatized?
do you think im crazy?

hun, you are not crazy at all!

from beginning on, I had the impression that there was sth wrong with the birth I had!

I think our instincts as a mother tell us much more as we ever would have expected.

apparently, there was a problem with our LO's heart rate as well.

and, well the vacuum you needed at the end, could have caused the same problem that our LO has, that there is some built up pressure from birth still inside your LO.

if you are interested, google for cranial ostheopathy and you can read more about it. they say, especially assisted deliveries can cause problems, which can be treated with cranial ostheopathy.

for us, it really helps and we can't wait for our second appoinment tomorrow :hi:

ps: did you not say your LO wants to comfort suck all the time?

'cos ours as well wanted to comfort suck all the time, and I was stuck on the sofa for the first 3 month.

hun, you are not crazy at all!

from beginning on, I had the impression that there was sth wrong with the birth I had!

I think our instincts as a mother tell us much more as we ever would have expected.

apparently, there was a problem with our LO's heart rate as well.

and, well the vacuum you needed at the end, could have caused the same problem that our LO has, that there is some built up pressure from birth still inside your LO.

if you are interested, google for cranial ostheopathy and you can read more about it. they say, especially assisted deliveries can cause problems, which can be treated with cranial ostheopathy.

for us, it really helps and we can't wait for our second appoinment tomorrow :hi:

ps: did you not say your LO wants to comfort suck all the time?

'cos ours as well wanted to comfort suck all the time, and I was stuck on the sofa for the first 3 month.

on the sofa now.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->