baby wont sleep

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
my 8 day old son wont sleep in his pack n play
he only sleeps if he is on me- day or night- i am going crazy i cant do anything

i have tried:
putting him on his side
putting rolled blankets around him
putting in a t-shirt of mine for smell
a carrier- but then he is still on me

what can i do? at the end of the day im so tired from hlding him all day that i end up in tears, my husband cant console the baby and feels bad he cant help

i dont know what to do:hissy:

the only thing i can suggested is to be persistant and consistant.

you are trying lots of different ways to get your son to sleep and im sure he feels safer/more secure if hes on you because you are consistant. if you understand? If you want him to sleep in one place then keep putting him there, over and over again, he will soon learn that its the place he should feel secure and safe whilst he sleeps.

dont give up!

its just so hard because hes up after ten min if i put him down on his back but hell sleep for 3 hours on me

have u triedputting himon his front? my kidssleep on their fronts..

lol sorry for bad typing... im bf-ing!

i dont feel its safe at night coz of sids

its just so hard because hes up after ten min if i put him down on his back but hell sleep for 3 hours on me

When he's asleep on you is he slightly raised up? And then when you lay him down he's flat?? If so, try raising end of his basket/crib (whatever you're using) a bit so he's not laying completely flat.

The other thing is if he does wake up quickly after you put him down is just to put you hands on him or lay really close so he can feel you and then gradually move away - if that makes sense.

We had similar things with our DD - hoping baby no 2 will be more settled. :)

Charlotte did that too...for 2 1/2 weeks and just recently is able to sleep in the crib or on the couch in the boppy. I thought I was going to go mad. Not really a darn thing ended up working more than once, except time. Good Luck :hug:

I had the same thing with Ella, she went through a faze where she would sleep on me for hours and couldnt sleep anywhere else for a long period of time.

In the end i just had to let her cry it out, because at the end of the day she was very tierd and just being fussy ( this was when she was a month old) its very heartbreaking to hear but it soon changed and now can sleep anywhere for long periods of time cos she knows when she is tierd she doesnt need mummy to get her to sleep she can do it on her own.. If this makes sence ;)

Marlowe sleeps in her bouncy chair the best. It vibrates, and she loves it. Last night was the first night she actually slept in her moses basket, but I don't know if that was pure luck, or if she's turning over a new leaf.

Caitlyn sleeps in her chair. I don't put her in the moses basket untill I'm sure she's 100% asleep.

My boy loves sleeping on me too.have to make sure he is totally asleep before I transfer him to his crib otherwise he cries.

I wear Sharlotte, and go about my business as normal... Did you say you wear your baby?

I take LO to work with me and we just hang out together.

https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/cheymeister/P1010185.jpg

:baby:

Nice pic Margerle! I'm also a proud sling wearing mamma!

my jack falls alseep on me and then i put him in his basket although the last few times he has gone down for daddy x

does anyone have the added problem of the baby fighting off sleep?
my baby can be up for 4 or 5 hours at a time-surely this is not normal for a new born?

I think anything is possible with a newborn :)

:hug:

Yeah cupcake, my LO will fight sleep for hours, and she has done this since about a week old...you can see by looking at her that she is totally exhausted, but she just wont sleep! Eventually she drops off though, but it can easily be 4 hours she is awake...yesterday she was awake for 7 hours in one period.

Wow!7hours?I hope she wasnt crying all the time....she looks like a healthy liitle angel anyways.

Yeah she was quite happy for most of it, last couple of hours she was crying a lot..I tried everything though, went for a walk in her pram and she stayed awake, gave her a bath, fed her numerous times, sang, rocked..lol the works, but she wouldnt sleep. I can only get her to sleep at night in bed with me for some reason...I even went to bed an hour early thinking she might drop off early, but no, she went to sleep at her usual time, about 11:30pm. I think she just likes being awake in the evening :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->