Baby wraps/slings

LucyJ

Mummy to Benjamin xx
Reaction score
Looking for advice on baby wraps. I had the Bjorn baby carrier with my son which was great but did cause me shoulder pain after a while and I couldn't use it untill he reached a certain weight as he had to be delivered 4 weeks early it was a while before I could use it. My little boy will be just over 2 when baby is due so we have decided to get a buggy board for the pram and a wrap for the baby if I want to take my little boy in his stroller. I've already had a stay in hospital due to concerns over preterm labour so need a wrap that can be used if baby is early.

Any advice/recommendations would be great?

A stretchy wrap is the best thing to use from birth. Moby and Kari-Me are popularly brands and you can probably find some handmade ones on Etsy or something as well, but I'd just stick with a well-known brand. We have a Moby wrap and have used it pretty much every day since shortly after birth (now we also have a woven wrap, not stretchy, which I prefer, but you can still use the Moby for quite awhile depending on the weight of your baby). If you decide you want to keep babywearing, you can look into investing in a woven or similar (non-stretchy) wrap later on when baby outgrows the stretchy. It's just the stretchy ones are easier to use so best to start with. Ours was about 35 quid and worth every penny! We use it all the time and it makes life so much easier!

Yep a stretchy wrap like a moby or a boba

I would also highly recommend the close/caboo carrier ever so comfy and can use just about from newborn. I have a manduca as well as woven wraps and they are all fabulous too.

I have a moby and my baby was premature and it was great for her size as there are different ways to use it. I got mine off ebay and I saw demonstrations on you tube of different ways to use it

Was the moby difficult to use? How long does it take to wrap up?
I plan on getting the ergo with infant insert. Seems easy and I have issues with back pain so getting a quality carrier is a must for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->