Babys first Christmas - what did you buy?

mrsmummy2

Mum of 3 ❤
Reaction score
DD was 10 months old on her 1st Christmas and she had things like stacking rings, a few books, musical toys and a wooden puzzle or 2... she had around 10 gifts.

DS1 was 5 months old on his 1st Christmas and had quite a few presents.. but most of it was to be used for the future (eg. He had a walker, a sit me up car, a few musical toys, a ride on train etc)

DS2 will only be 2.5 months.. so far he has -
Smooth Moves Fisher Price Sloth
Musical Iggle Piggle
Stacking cups
Lamaze hands and feet rattles

He will also be having some "Thats Not My..." books from my mum.

I think my in laws will give money like they do for DD and DS1 which I will use to buy some 3-6 month clothes for him.

I'm wondering if I should buy a few more bits for him to use over the coming months or just leave it at that and buy as needed through the year.

What did your children have on their first Christmas and how old were they?

I asked people for nappies and wipes and infacol, 5 weeks old.
Then got gifts that oldest would use aswel as already had a house full of baby toys

DS was 11 mo old. He got toys and clothes
Dd1 was 8 mo old. She got toys and clothes
Dd2 was 3 days old and I dont remember, probably clothes or maybe nothing?
This baby will be about a year old next year and will get toys.

DS (7 months) -
Cookie jar toy
Books
Bath toy
Clothes
I actually can't remember what else!

DD was only 4 days old so I wrapped the playmat I already had bought :haha: and family got her clothes and a keepsake fabric doll. :)

Ds1 was 6 months and had a walker and some bits for weaning. DS2 was 11 months so had more toy themed presents and ds3 was 8 months so again had more toys and clothes but not loads.

I think I would buy clothes if you need them and perhaps toys they can grow into. If I was being sensible I wouldn’t buy much but in reality I know I’d buy loads!

I would probably buy some toys that they can use in a few months time :)

Mine have been 6 days old, 3 months old and 10 months old for their first Christmases. Some of the best toys they received around that age were the Fisher Price animal train, Beatbo, Leapfrog my pal scout/violet and anything for the bath :)

Mine have been 6 days old, 3 months old and 10 months old for their first Christmases. Some of the best toys they received around that age were the Fisher Price animal train, Beatbo, Leapfrog my pal scout/violet and anything for the bath :)

It was my daughter's 2nd Christmas as she just turned one a few days before but the My Pal Violet was a best buy! She still has her and takes her everywhere almost 5 years later. :)

Aww my DD had My Pal Violet. Think its in the attic now!

Following this! My baby isn't even born yet so I have no idea! I've only ever had a 10 month old and 6 month old at xmas and it was so easy! Maybe I'll get him some outfits and some toys to last throughout the year when hes old enough to play x

My 2nd and 4th are both October babies do were only 2 months on their first Christmas. I got a keep sake, some clothes, a couple of small toys. It was more so the others saw the babies had something and didn't think Santa had forgotten them.

My 2nd and 4th are both October babies do were only 2 months on their first Christmas. I got a keep sake, some clothes, a couple of small toys. It was more so the others saw the babies had something and didn't think Santa had forgotten them.
That was exactly my thoughts with buying toys.. I can imagine DS1 being super bothered by DS2 being "left out" by santa!

It's my youngest's first Christmas this year and I'm struggling for her because her birthday is a month later. 11 months is an awkward age I find because most of the toys I don't want to wait for her to have- like an activity table and a push Walker. I always see things and think "oh that would be perfect for her now." I'm really trying not to get things for her before Christmas.

Both of my girls were 3 months old for their first christmas.

They got loads of toys and clothes, some of which were for when they were a it older and could toddle around.

If I were to do it again I would get much less. Faves were shape sorters, stacking rings, v tech walker and baby books/rattles.
Second Christmas they were 15 months and they got happyland which was well played with.

Santa brought Ds a giant cuddly dog - I wanted something that he would see himself getting bigger beside, it's been a toy to play with, something to ride on, and now that he's 9 it's a pillow to lie against when he's reading, he's only now getting bigger than it!
He also got a push along strike, best gift ever.

Dd was 10 days old for her first xmas and for the life of me I can't remember. Not much tho but remember getting a xmas outfit for her after she was born. The next xmas we got her happyland stuff.

My youngest was 6 Days old on her first Christmas, we just got her a small my first Christmas soft doll and some clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->