Baby's heart rate at 6 weeks??

sheylee

Mom of 1 and expecting #2
Reaction score
I had an early ultrasound today at 6 weeks plus 3 days. The tech confirmed the measurements show 6 weeks and she found the heartbeat. She said the rate was 105 and this is kind of low. When I asked if it was ok, she said I'll let the doctor talk to you. I'm not sure yet when I will see my doctor, so just looking for some opinions on this? Should I be worried?

I have had one completely healthy pregnancy - my daughter is now five, since then two chemical pregnancies. One just in august so I am very cautious this time around and worried to get excited.

i think the heartrate is supposed to rise up until 9 weeks, then get slower from there and level out. my baby's heartrate was 174 at 8 wks + 6 days and baby measured two days ahead. if it was truly a bad thing, they might would send you for further testing or such. otherwise, you just have to wait it out until the development is farther along.

I was exactly 6 weeks yesterday according to the ultrasound and doc said it was possible that the baby's heart just started beating and it was at 125 - not that much higher than yours really. I would assume the doc would have seen you if he was worried about it.

I also had my ultrasound at exactly 6 weeks and hr was 120. The ultrasound technician was happy with that.

6 weeks 5 days mine was 139 bpm
7 weeks 1 day with my daughter was 187 bpm

My doctor told me at our apt back on 6w 5d that he likes to see the heartbeat at that stage above 100. So I would say you are fine.

I found out it was pregnant at exactly 6W3D and the HR was 103

I think you're fine. I didn't have a scan at 6 weeks, only 7, but by then the HB was 161, then went up to 166 at 11 weeks, had an appt today and HB is down to 150. The heart may have just started to beat (starts out around 90) and increases from there. Don't worry, its just early :)

At 6w3d my little one was at 104bpm. I'm now 5 months along. :)

Sheylee I think your baby is just fine, at 6 weeks 5 days my baby's heart rate was 115 and 2 weeks later it was 150. I will be 17 weeks this Sunday :)

I had a scan today as I had some spotting. I'm having twins and am 6+6 baby a was 122 and baby b was 124. I was concerned that it may have been low but was told it was fine.

They did not find a heart rate on my six week scan. Just a fetal pole. Then at 7 weeks it was 146. By 12 weeks it was 179, but now has slowed to 145-149 by 18 weeks.

When I went in for a scan last Sat. the tech measured 6w3d (which is ahead) and a heart rate of 132 the first time and 138 the second time. Going in for another scan tomorrow, fingers crossed!

at 6w1d, this baby was measuring 6w0d and had a heart rate of 107 or 108. I was so scared that things were going to turn out poorly (i'd had 3 chemical pregnancies in the previous 5 months).

By the time we went in for the 8 week scan (and every time after), the heart rate was above 160. Which also disproves the whole boys have a lower heart rate wives tale! We're at 30+ weeks now, and so far everything looks good with him!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->