Baby's heart rate slowed down

girl-22

Reaction score
Hello :)

I was a question for those mommies who use home dopplers.
I'm 32 weeks pregnant and still use it pretty much everyday because I've been bit worried.
My baby's heart rate was usually around 150.then it dropped to 130-140 when she's not moving, and for the last 2 weeks the heart rate at rest went down to 120-130.It does just a LOT when she's moving around tho.It does way up to 170,but slows down again when she stops.

Do u think that it's something I should be worried about?I've noticed that change in the HR at 28 weeks aprox but I don't know if this is normal.
I thought it might be my doppler, well the gel I've been using since it doesnt give good sound ( its not the u/s gel but a normal KY ).

Any thoughts?
Lana

Anything between 110 and 170 is fine hun. Her heart rate is just like yours, lower when she is sleeping, higher when she is having a play.

Yeah like Noodles says it slows down a lot when they are sleeping. Mine was sleeping on Thursday and so the midwife grabbed her foot and rubbed her bum to wake her up :rofl: the heart rate slows down in third tri anyway as they get bigger. As long as you are feeling lots of movement I wouldn't have thought there was anything to worry about. Mention it to the midwife next time you visit :hugs:

I'm feeling enough movements,yes.Some days she moves ALL THE TIME literally,others,like today, she's more lazy,waiting me to poke her to get a nudge.
I'll talk to my doctor about this tomorrow but I just wanted to know what u guys think :)

Im like u
iv a doppler and my lil mans hb was always 140-150
and now usually when hes calm its in the 120 -130 range
but increases again when he moves

i think its very normal... i tend to NOT read the LCD screen on doppler anymore
as i dont thinkk its 100% realiable.. i just listen and know myself whats right and wrong and where the strongest sound can be found..

even the doppler the tiniest mm away from a strong point can panick us into thinking our lil ones heartrate is low
i found a couple times i taut i found the spot and started to freak cus of it been slow and then i move the doppler the tiniest fraction and there is monkey beating away at normal speed...

I dont use U/S gel nomore havent done now in about 15 weeks as i found the bio oil and baby oil (which am using now) gives great clear sound with the probe.

i think the variation in movement days is normal too
day before yday i had the most hyper day ever yet.. yday he was quiet and now today hes even more quiet but still giving the odd nudge for reassurance

I found the dopper can cause unnecessary worry in late stages... so i prefere to just go by my lil mans movements now, but god love him the OH comes in from work and hes like
''is he been quiet today? did you ave a listen to him?''
and i say 'yeh hes quiet,odd lil nudge... nope didnt want to disturb him''
the cuteness of the OH ''aww will you get the thing and listen to him to make sure hes okayy'' :cloud9:
poor thing is just as worried as i am but shows it in a diff way..

also heard in 3rd tri babies heartrates slow down anyhow :thumbup:
mention to ur MW if you want for peace of mind but what you've said sounds normal, once ur getting your 10+ movements in 12 hours, then am sure all is ok and this comming from the one with the worlds laziest baby on board lol xx

U know I've noticed that the readings that the doppler gives arent that accurate either.However,I can't help it and tend to worry a lot.
Since I found out im pregnant I've been fearing everything for no reason.Like it's too good to be true,u know?
So i live in fear that something might happen.I know it's silly of me, but I just can't help it =/
I plan to talk about all this anxiety I've been having lately with my doctor.He might give me something to calm me coz I dont want my girl to have a crazy mother lol

Many will say i should get things checked out if im worried,coz mother's intuition shouldn't been ignored,but as my DH says: it's not my intuition speaking out lol but my anxiety..Everytimes I read something im sure it will happen to me or my baby..
Silly right ? hehe
I'm sorry for the lil rant :p

As you get closer to delivering your baby, the heartrate does start to slow down. The babys heart is more mature now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->