Baby's red, swollen, hot legs - Advice?

Hves do not have to be raised, mine never are. They are just pink sploches, and hives can appear or disappear at anytime. Because histamines can be over produced but your sons body may get rid of the extra quickly it could cause minor hive reactions that disappear within 10-60mins. Histamines can be over produced for various reasons but allergy, skin irritation, and bug bites are the most common reasons. Many pictures of hives are very chronic versions when most breakouts are very minor and undocumented. Do you have animals? Perhaps a prick test when he's old enough to see if he has a minor allergic reaction to anything in your house (perfumes, air fresheners, carpet cleaners, laundry soap, pets, etc.) til then Perhaps your doc can possibly prescribe a safe antihistamine for him, and grab some calamine lotion if you think its itchy or bothering him when it appears.

Hmmm... we have 2 cats so am hoping it isn't them! It has happened while we've been away from home and they don't go near him or his room but I suppose it could be possible. It hasn't happened for a couple of days now and am sure that's because we've been keeping him as cool as possible. Thank you so much for your information and I will look into getting some more tests done if the blood tests don't tell us anything. Thanks again X

Hi, this may be an old post but the same thing has been happening to my little guy since he was 11 weeks old. He is now 17 weeks and it has happened 5 times. It happened the first time a week after his shots he has not gotten the next rounds of shots yet so im not sure whats making his legs get to red and purple. The only difference from everyone else is that it only happened fron the knees down. That is whats confusing the doctors. We have had a ton of tests done and all say he is perfectly normal and healthy. And each time this happenes the environment and situations are different. The last time is happened the doctor said it might be us puting on his diaper too tight but one of the times it happened he was fully naked getting a bath so i dont think that is it... and each time he is screaming uncontrollably! Also it has happened to either one leg or the other never both at the same time as well as not really swollen just red and/or purple/blue. So if anyone has any idea please help me cause i hate seeing him in that pain and the doctors have no idea whats going on.

Hello everyone, this just happened to my son. Completely out of the blue, his left leg became red and heated and he was screaming. After about 15 minutes it completely subsided and now it's as though it never happened. I've read through this entire thread and I can't believe it's been years since it started and no one is any closer to an answer. My son had his vaccinations 12 days ago with no apparent ill-effect, although we noticed a small bump on his left thigh near the injection point.

He's sleeping now, but it was a frightening experience. Has anyone had any luck in finding any answers?

This is very interesting. I have a little boy 17 weeks old now and 13 days after his jabs the very same thing happened . It's happened now a few times me have have been admitted twice in hospital and still no answers

This is very interesting. I have a little boy 17 weeks old now and 13 days after his jabs the very same thing happened . It's happened now a few times me have have been admitted twice in hospital and still no answers

How do I upload pictures to show you

If that is the case and you are sure that its the immunizations that caused all of your childrens issues then this just has me worried again.....my son is 3months (14weeks) old and so far, this forum and discussion was the absolute closest that i have gotten to some sort of hope that someone would be able to help me to figure out what is going on with my Sweet Alistair....but, he has not has his immunizations yet and, i am now afraid to go to get them in 3 weeks when his appointment is set to have them done because this fairly similair type of thing has happend with him already 4 times now and if these shots are causing this to happen to babies without anyone knowing what is really occurring in and to their wee bodies and brains thats enough to make them scream in pain as they do when this symptom or side effect, or whatever it is, occurs ...what happens if because my son has already had problems and then he gets the shots and he has the DSL or DLS on top of whatever is already happening with him and it is unable to be fixed or stopped because the medical professionals dont even have the beginning of an idea as to what it is, why it is, and how to detect, prevent, monitor and screen for it...... uuuuugh ....i dont know how to go about this all now.....

When I first read the thread title I thought they might have a condition I had a few years ago called erythema nodosum BUT this takes weeks to clear. The fact that the swelling goes down in 10minutes or so suggests, as a pp said, histamine response. The red, hot, swelling is from the body sending excess blood to try to fight the perceived infection/foreign body. My doctor has told me that children with Asthma/Eczema are most sensitive to histamine and the body reacts more strongly to smaller amounts - would that apply to any of these babies?

Hi, over the past couple of months this has happened to my daughter who is now 20 weeks, first time was exactly the same as others have described ,ramdom, out of the blue screaming, with bright red, swollen legs and feet from the knee downwards, a trip to a&e was useless and no answer as it subsided within 15 mins , this was 2 weeks post first vaccines, it happened again a week later and then not again untill 2 weeks after the 3rd vaccines, its so scary and leaving her with broken capillaries on the skin, but no answers from docs! Did anyone ever find an answer, ive added a pic, thanks xx

IMG-20181021-WA0000.jpg

Hi, over the past couple of months this has happened to my daughter who is now 20 weeks, first time was exactly the same as others have described ,ramdom, out of the blue screaming, with bright red, swollen legs and feetView attachment 1046659 from the knee downwards, a trip to a&e was useless and no answer as it subsided within 15 mins , this was 2 weeks post first vaccines, it happened again a week later and then not again untill 2 weeks after the 3rd vaccines, its so scary and leaving her with broken capillaries on the skin, but no answers from docs! Did anyone ever find an answer, ive added a pic, thanks xx

Hi, over the past couple of months this has happened to my daughter who is now 20 weeks, first time was exactly the same as others have described ,ramdom, out of the blue screaming, with bright red, swollen legs and feetView attachment 1046659 from the knee downwards, a trip to a&e was useless and no answer as it subsided within 15 mins , this was 2 weeks post first vaccines, it happened again a week later and then not again untill 2 weeks after the 3rd vaccines, its so scary and leaving her with broken capillaries on the skin, but no answers from docs! Did anyone ever find an answer, ive added a pic, thanks xx
Hello did you ever get to the bottom of what caused this. It has happened to my 12 week old daughter four times now and she has exactly the same symptoms as your baby.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->