baby's sick (*updated - stupid doctors!*)

T

TashaAndBump

How urgently would you be taking your baby to the doctors for these symptoms? (thrush, cough, sickness, bringing up excessive amounts of phlegm, temperature, sleepiness, grouchiness, out of character, lack of interest in milk / bringing up feeds....)

I took Anna to the doctors on the 18th because she had these symptoms and the doctor said that it was probably just a virus, but she is STILL so poorly. I said to the doctor at the time that I thought she had oral thrush, but he just kind of ignored me and carried on with his, "It's a virus she'll get better soon" speech. Well now she has really bad thrush on her girly bits too! :hissy: I am taking her back to the doctors, but how urgent do you think it is??

My doctors surgery will only see her today if it is an emergency, would you say it is just to get her seen, or should I just mak an appointment for next week?

She still has a cough (in fact it seems to be getting worse - more chesty) and the thrush (or something) seems to be causing her a lot of pain, too as she keeps screaming like something really hurts.

Help! I don't know what to do.... I know I need to take her in, but should I call it an emergency and get her seen today?

Thanks!

I'd definitely take her back again now - did the doctor not give you anything for the thrush for her?? I know if she has a virus too they can't do anything to treat it but they can't expect thrush to get better on its own...or make you wait until next week for her to be treated?! Especially as oral thrush might make feeding really uncomfortable for her.

Hope she's feeling better soon :hugs: x

Hun, i would definitely take her in now, might be nothing but you need to be absolutely certain. You said some of her symptoms are getting worse so i would call at ur docs asap

No they just completely ignored it when I said about the thrush. And now she has it down below, too! :(

I'll make an appointment for later today. It's ridicules :(

That's awful that they ignored it :grr: If you can't get an appointment for today you can treat it with the oral gel and a cream which you can buy over the counter but the oral suspension is better for getting rid of it as they just tend to suck the gel off your finger and swallow it, and it actually has to stay in contact with the thrush to treat it x

Go until they get sick of you and start Listening to you.Get another doctor or paediatrician.Mothers instinct never lies.Even if it is a virus she should get medication to lessen the vomiting+fever.

i too would take her back, hope she's feeling better soon honey, thinking of you :hugs: x x x

If you can get her an appointment today for the thrush make sure they prescribe you something too :hugs: x

Deff take her back and watch for dehydration. They told us Kaya just had a cold and in the end she was admitted to hospital for 4 days! Mothers instinct is always right

If it was me I would take her back NOW and sit in the waiting room until the saw me

I just got back from the doctors - they are USELESS!

They told me, again, that it is probably just a virus and there is nothing that they can do for her. "She looks alert so I'm sure she is fine." Err, I've given her calpol 2 hours ago, before that she was sleepy, grouchy very unwell-looking... "She doesn't have a fever." Err HELLO! I gave her calpol 2 hours ago and it's brought it down!!!!!!!! :hissy:

IDIOTS!

So as they weren't going to do anything about her vomiting / cough, I brought up the thrush-issue, he AGAIN ignored it near enough! Didn't even look! He eventually after I nagged prescribed some oral suspension, but nothing for the nappy thrush!!

I am just going to get some from the chemist in the morning - although I tried one chemist (Lloyds) and they told me that she was too young for over the counter thrush treatment. I will try boots tomorrow and hopefully have more luck.

*sigh*

:( Hope she is better soon, I am so glad we have a decent Dr, took Tegan today re. her thrush, and they gave ys some gel stuff because she's been on Nystatin for 3 weeks and its not done anything :(

Could be a bug or something though hun, I sincerely hope it is and that Anna feels better soon xxx

Hi hun, lily had terrible thrush on her lady parts, our health visitor told us to us caneston. So we did and it cleared up in 2 days, did they say she was too young for it? Lily was great on it, but entirely up to you huni, hope she gets better soon x

I hope your LO is feeling much better soon. Dr's are crap, they don't listen and are not always right. I'd trust Mothers instinct and don't worry about going to see the Dr even if the receptionists say the appointments are for emergency only, keep going until you make a nuisance of yourself and then they'll start listening, I know from experience that I've had to make a pain in the arse of myself to my Dr before he really listened and acted on what I was saying.

Hope she's feeling better soon x

I've just called out of hours emergancy drs as I'm now very concerned... I'll keep fighting until she has blood tests, clear lungs, rosy cheeks and happy mama. We'll keep you all up to date and thanks for all your support.

Mrs Bum has Anna in her arms and chow mein in her mouth else she'd be posting... mind you its hard for her to eat at the moment!

Mr Bumx

Sorry to hear Anna is poorly. Hope she perks up soon x

Well out-of-hours doc says the same thing - it's probably a virus. If she is still ill / worse by tomorrow though I will be taking her back again.

This isn't right! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->