baby's sick (*updated - stupid doctors!*)

If she gets worse before tomorrow, I may well do that. Although the trip may cost us over £40 in taxi fares but may not have any other option if it comes to that... :(

Keep breast feeding her or try and get liquids in her if she'll tolerate it. You can use cream on her nappy rash the Lloyds man was talking rubbish, Kaya was having it when she was younger than Anna. Did the doc check to see if she was dehydrated? That was what got Kaya. It probably is a virus that will just have to work it's way through her system, but if vomiting is involved you really need to watch for the dehydration.

I just got back from the doctors - they are USELESS!

They told me, again, that it is probably just a virus and there is nothing that they can do for her. "She looks alert so I'm sure she is fine." Err, I've given her calpol 2 hours ago, before that she was sleepy, grouchy very unwell-looking... "She doesn't have a fever." Err HELLO! I gave her calpol 2 hours ago and it's brought it down!!!!!!!! :hissy:

IDIOTS!

So as they weren't going to do anything about her vomiting / cough, I brought up the thrush-issue, he AGAIN ignored it near enough! Didn't even look! He eventually after I nagged prescribed some oral suspension, but nothing for the nappy thrush!!

I am just going to get some from the chemist in the morning - although I tried one chemist (Lloyds) and they told me that she was too young for over the counter thrush treatment. I will try boots tomorrow and hopefully have more luck.

*sigh*

They are useless!! Don't tell the pharmacist it's for her. You can get Daktarin or Canesten (the Daktarin cream is the one with dark green and white on the tube as they do one for athletes foot and a topical one for thrush, and my pharmacist kept trying to give me the wrong one). If you have any symptoms from feeding her you need to be treated as well though or you'll just keep giving it back to her. You can use the Daktarin cream as long as you clean it off before each feed or the oral gel which doesn't need to be cleaned off but might be worth asking for some fluconazole tablets because it's hard to treat just with topical stuff. I can't believe they're not doing more for you both :grr:

Hope she's better soon :hug: x

Just wondering if Anna's any better? x

She's more like herself these days, but still very poorly :(

Cough is just has bad and she is soooo snotty. I'm not as worried anymore because I think the tiredness, fever and grouchiness were mostly because of her thrush and since getting some treatment for that (eventually! :dohh:) she seems a lot happier and more like herself :)

I'm just waiting for this chesty snotty cough to clear up now... Hope it's soon - my poor baby has been ill for a little over 2 weeks now! :(

Thanks for asking :) x

Bless her...really hope she's feeling better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back