baby's vision??

coccyx

Reaction score
Think I should know but concerned that my 7 week old son does not seem to look straight at me. I know newborns go cross eyed and this improves as they get older, but my boy seems to be looking at my hairline rather than at me!! Does this make sense?? Seen by health visitor and she said he was focussing ok. See gp in a couple of weeks so will ask him. Husband says I am obsessing!:blush: This is my fourth baby and don't remember this with other 3.

it's normal. I read somewhere that baby looks at our outlines first then looks at our faces in more detail later.

Jack is the same, he keeps looking at my fringe instead lol, probably more interesting :p
Also when people try and get his attention by clapping, putting their head close or talking to him he looks else where lol! Can see this one being trouble !

Think my hubby may be right about the obsessing!:blush: Thank you ladies

It's because of the contrast. They see in black and white and he probaly like's looking at it because your hair is darker. I should mention that Noah's eye doctor said baby's dont start really focusing till 2-4 months old. Right now your baby probaly can only see a few feetg away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->