Babywearing...any advice from other girlies with huuuuge boobs?Please help!

jen1604

Reaction score
Hi girlies :flower:
Ok so I'm a fairly little person (size 10) with massive boobs:blush: (34FF) and I tried several times when Ophelia was a baby to attempt to carry her in a baby carrier but having so much weight on my front anyway and a baby it just killed my back and I could never manage to carry her for more than about 20 minutes or so :cry:
I really want to be able to try 'babywearing' again with my little man.Has anyone got any advice?Do you think it might just be that my carrier isnt giving me the right kind of support?Any recommendations?
Thank you girls :kiss:
xxxxxx

Did you use a structured carrier? I am bigger than you but also have massive boobs! I use a Moby wrap as the criss cross section on the back is opened right out and creates extra support. I walked for about 2 hours with Imi in it on Tuesday (she weighs 13 1/2lb) and i didn't have back ache at all :)

I used a Mothercare carrier like this one...https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...1/275-5961526-4552727?_encoding=UTF8&mcb=core
Do you think that might be where I'm going wrong?
xxx

I have 2 of those, a tomy one and a mamas and papas one and I can't wear either. DF did for a short while until he tried the moby and now its the only thing either of us wear :)

i have big boobs too & the moby is good for us.. i like how i can adjust the height i wear her at, so that she doesnt get smothered by them, and also find that the weight is well distributed. we have a fixed mothercare carrier too that OH likes, but it gives me serious back ache whereas ive never had backache with the moby xx

Thank you.
I'll have a look at getting a Moby wrap then--hopefully I'll have more luck with that :thumbup:
xxxxx

I'm bigger than you but also have big boobs - same size as you until my milk came in, then I seriously expanded to gargantuan proportions :rofl:

I have a BabaSling. We couldn't get Jack into it lying down when he was little as he was too long and his head wouldn't go in next to my boobs! But from a couple of months old, when he could hold his head up well, we started using it with him sat up on my hip and that worked fine, no back ache etc. I just found that the shoulder strap crept up my neck, which was awkward and uncomfortable.

I'm currently looking for something else. Will look at Moby on the recommendations in this thread :thumbup:

I got mine on ebay hun, £21 :)

Did you use a structured carrier? I am bigger than you but also have massive boobs! I use a Moby wrap as the criss cross section on the back is opened right out and creates extra support. I walked for about 2 hours with Imi in it on Tuesday (she weighs 13 1/2lb) and i didn't have back ache at all :)

Same here, the wider the straps are the more supported I felt and tge secret to comfy carring is TIGHTEN TIGHTEN TIGHTEN

I'm bigger then you (size 14-16) with 32JJ boobs and found the cradle hold is impossible but the carry hold is fine

Have you thought of a mei tai? you can have a newborn in the frogs leg position, i have a large top half ( and bottom half haha) and feel i get most support off of a mt but i want to try a wrap as they are supposed to be good as well.

I use an ergo carrier and a munchkin jelly bean sling. I think an ergo is simier to a Mei Tai, but more padded and structured - nice lumbar support! The jellybean sling is also more structured and elasticy- so she isn't so smushed up against my boobs :0) and it is super adjustable! Also, I love the cargo pockets.

:)
A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"