Back, cautiously...

Angel_blues

Reaction score
Last time I had my bfp in April and was going to be about 12-13 weeks on mothers day. That is when I was going to tell my mum, dad and the rest of my family. When I had my loss it was incredibly difficult and I felt incredibly alone.

This time I decided to tell my family right away, that way I could get the support I need if, god forbid, it happens again. My mum and dad were over the moon happy and I tell my brother and his fiancee in 5 days (Monday).

I'm finding it so hard to be excited, what's wrong with me :-(

I had a loss back in June 2012, one year after I had already goven birth to a healthy baby boy so I thought that pregnancy wouldbe smooth. But no, went in for an ultrasound at 8 weeks and there was nothing, not a sac, just nothing. I got pregnant the month right after we induced miscarriage. That pregnancy went as smooth as can be and gave birth to a healthy little girl in may 2013. Here I am pregnant again and am terrified and finding it real hard to get excited even though My last pregnancy was a healthy one.

I talked to my sister about all of this and my feelings. She believes the reason I am so scared and not allowing myself toget excited is because loosing that pregnancy was such a painful and traumatic experience that I am so scared to go through that again ans feel that immense pain. I have an ultrasound on Wednesday the 5th and I am already preparing myself mentally for bad news even though i already had 2 ultrasounds the lst 2 weeks showing a healthy right on track pregnancy. No heartbeat yet as it was way too early, but even though an ultrasound tech and a doctor told me everything looked great I just cannot set myself in that mindset. All I can do is pray for myself and everyone to feel comfort and relieved of anxiety.

Nothing is wrong with you! I had a loss in October last year. I'm 36 weeks and still finding it hard to be excited - afraid of something happening still.

Like the others have said there is nothing wrong. I have had 2 losses since having my youngest and I am terrified this time around. A bag of nerves at every little pain or twinge. Congrats and happy and healthy 9month to you x

Thank you ladies glad (sort of) that I'm not the only one...already feel super over protective and overly cautious.... My employer is going to figure it out in no time of I don't settle down!

nothing wrong at all. i am terrified this time. it's so hard to be overjoyed and happy and excited when you've had a loss. right now i'm cautious and nervous. i have only told my husband and one really good friend. not sure when i will tell my family at all - i'm too terrified that saying it out loud will "jinx" it somehow. ridiculous, but it's how i feel.

you're not alone in this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->