back from anatomy scan .. WORRIED!

Sammiesfirst

Reaction score
Just got back from my anatomy scan and everything is perfect except for one factor. The baby had her right thumb tucked into a fist so we couldn't see it. We could see the bone but not the extension of her thumb. She wouldn't even open her right hand, she opened it for literally 1 second and then closed it right back. she opens her left hand all the time . The doctors made me really worried because I had 3 technicians try and find her thumb and one asked me if anyone in my family has deformaties -__- NO they dont! So they scheduled me another appointment for june 28th I'm soo worried for my little girl :/ I feel like crying.

the only thing that made me happy was that shes healthy & soo beautiful :)

Attachments

• 21wk.jpg
    21wk.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 14
Oh hun, I'm sure it'll be fine.
But just try to focus on the fact that regardless you have a healthy beautiful little girl!!

Aw, what a great picture! I'm sure I'll be ok...maybe she just really likes clenching her right hand?

Just got back from my anatomy scan and everything is perfect except for one factor. The baby had her right thumb tucked into a fist so we couldn't see it. We could see the bone but not the extension of her thumb. She wouldn't even open her right hand, she opened it for literally 1 second and then closed it right back. she opens her left hand all the time . The doctors made me really worried because I had 3 technicians try and find her thumb and one asked me if anyone in my family has deformaties -__- NO they dont! So they scheduled me another appointment for june 28th I'm soo worried for my little girl :/ I feel like crying.

the only thing that made me happy was that shes healthy & soo beautiful :)

my last baby ,they couldn't see left foot clearly...6 techs didn't see it.she was born with amputation due to abs...i could sue them then,but i didn't..no one ever mentioned that to us.just,it's probable some growth on it or baby is positioned so 6 couldn't see it.well...when she was born it was a shock to us.also no one mentioned fingers but they are all shortened...this time they are really looking at every little single thing...

aww bless! youre such an attentive first time mummy. im sure shes just being cheeky *hugs*

Didn't want to read and run,sometimes they are over cautious to cover their own backs in hosps.try not to think too much about it until the next scan, I'm sure it will turn out just fine. :flower: xx

Im sure it is fine too......when I had my 20 week scan I was in there for an hour and a half as the baby was in a funny position and it was taker longer.They checked everything but there was part of the heart that they couldnt seeand in the end there were about 6 people in the room other than myself and my husband, I was worried at the time ...they were trying to get the baby to move and it did and gave them just enought time to see what they wanted to...I think you will find its a case of they just couldnt tick it off the list as they hadnt seen it! If they did tick it off without seeing it and it turned out that the baby didnt have a thumb....they are covering themselves trust me! It is unususal to have just one digit missing anyway it is usually more than one, I expect it is fine, try not to worry. A lot of babies suck their thumbs in the womb...maybe your baby does this a lot and holds their thumb tucked away when they are not doing this, it could be something simple and if you look at a lot of really newborn babies they tend to tuck their thumbs away and clench their fists anyway so why should it be any different in the womb...hope this makes you feel a little better!:hugs:

I'm sure everything is fine. Sometimes baby's just don't cooperate. But regardless you have a healthy little baby growing in there so really don't need to worry about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->