Back from mw - happy and annoyed :/

kitabird

Mammy to 2 boys
Reaction score
So I've just had my 16 week appointment, all the tests from last time came back fine and got to hear little Squirm's heartbeat for the first time :happydance:
The midwife won't take my hip pain seriously though :growlmad: I've had it for 6 or 7 weeks now, had mentioned it last time and was told it would probably just ease up on it's own, which obviously it hasn't! I just keep being told that it's too early for it to be pregnancy related. Anyway, I pushed it, cos I really am in pain here, and she agreed to sign me up for a 'back class'. Apparently you have to do that before they'll let you have a physio appointment. Has anyone been on one of these? I feel like it's going to be months before they'll even acknowledge anything is wrong

its definatly not too early to be pregnancy related i was 12 week 5 days when i had SPD. I would ask your doc to refer you to a physio asap - hugs

EVen if it's not pregnancy related, it still hurts, and with the baby gainnig weight every day, it's only going to get worse.

I went to my doctor complaining of hamstring problems when I was 10 weeks. I'd had it since I was 8 weeks, and they took it very seriously. They said that although it wasn't due to the weight of the baby, it was important to get it sorted, since it would only get worse if left untreated. It took them a while to sort it, but when I was 16 weeks I started seeing a physiotherapist.

You can get 5 or 6 sessions free on the NHS, so you should go to your doctor and enquire about this. My physio teaches me exercises to strenghten my hamstring (which I managed to tear; I still don't know how), and at the same time she's teaching me some pilates exercises to help during my pregnancy. Well worth the time.

I'll see what happens at the class and then go to my gp if nothing useful comes of it.
The most important thing is that Squirm is doing well :happydance:

I agree, the baby's doing well and that's the main thing. Be aware that the waiting list for a physio can be about 6 weeks, so don't leave it too long if you feel it getting worse. Hope you feel better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->