Back from my scan good and bad news

dippy dee

Reaction score
Hi everyone, well we're back and harley is deffinatley a boy :happydance:.
As a lot of you know i was in hospital last week because of bleeding and pain i went for a scan and was told all was fine and not to worry yet today when i went it was obvious to us all that i have a anterior low lying placenta, i've got a fetal heart scan with a consultant on the 6th of november as my other children have heart probs so apparently it will be looked at then, not to worried tho as i have to have a c section anyway but i'm worried as to if i start bleeding etc i don't know much about a low lying placenta and i really don't want to google it.
I feel annyed at the fact that i was made to feel a fraud when i was ill and now after the time and patience of a good sonographer it's there and we can see what's happening.
Does anyone know if this is the reason why i've not felt him kick much?

I've read that if the placenta is anterior then it cushions some of the baby's movements and can mean you don't feels as much kicking as others might. Hope all goes well with your FH Scan.

Lx

They do normally say with an anterior placenta that it can take you a while to feel movement, i dont think the fact it being low has much to do with it. Mine is anterior and low and i havent had any problems with movement or anything.

I wouldnt worry, youve got plenty of time for it to shift itself out of the way!!

Yep, I have an anterior placenta, although not low, and I dont feel little one move very much at all. I was very worried until I had scan and found out this is why, as all my others were extremely active at this stage. As for low lying placenta, from what I know (from my limited biology from being a student nurse for a year), it can cause bleeding throughout pregnancy, but I do not believe you are any more at risk than anyone else, only if you were to go into labour. Having said that all bleeding should be checked. :hugs:

a freind of mine had a low lying placenta and she bled thro most of her pregnancy,shes a healthy boy now,so it didnt do her.or baby any harm :)

My placenta is anterior not sure if low lying though no one said but I didnt feel movement until 23 weeks. Hope all is OK next week!

:hug: I've heard too that an anterior placenta can cause you not to feel many of baby's movements....

Yes the midwife told me that i have mine at the front and im not feeling much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->