back in for this month

freephoenix

Reaction score
ok so my story so far, ttc since september when i had implant removed. constantly feeling pregnant and poas getting lots of nasty evaps, get my hopes up then :witch: rears her nasty head. expecting my opks today but irrelevent gonna :sex: everynight as usual and hopefully get a :bfp: soon. i know it's only 8 months but i'm 38 and he's 46. this would be our first, my forth and his forth too, yes we have 6 between us so i know he's fertile (his son is most defo his) and to some this may seem greedy but we want one of our own. I'm being sensible this time and have got my dd to hide my :test: until next tuesday when i'll only be a max of 6 dpo (if today is the day, should be by going on ovulation calculator) maybe i should ask her to hide them longer lol. we'll see. So :dust: to us all and fx'd.

btw do we count dpo after o as dried up or from the first time we :sex: during o?

ok so no-one's reading but gonna update anyway. got my opk's yesterday and it was strong but not strong enough, (apparently unlike ept's it has to be equal to or darker than control line). i'm cd 13 and so was expecting todays to be stronger. it was fainter, in fact barely there. after researching it seems it is possible to ovulate as early as cd 8, my cycle is usually 27 days and af was on 5th of this month till 9th. df and i bd'd on the 12th. could i already have caught then? if i ovulated early (and since i read sperm can live up to seven days) i guess it could be possible. i currently have af type pains but not due till 1st of june. if this is what happened then the 25th would be 14 dpo and so im hoping for a bfp on this day. oh well will have to wait till tuesday to test cos as i said before i had my dd hide my tests. that would be 11 dpo going by my new calculations. never used opk's before cos we didnt want to start doing all the charting etc, we were just gonna hope mother nature would smile upon us. i got them cos i was going a bit crazy and poas mad. lol still poas mad just on wrong stick. lets just say if yesterdays was ept i'd have been booking midwife yet todays looks like an evap if it had been ept.

Hi there.
I'm also TTC number 4 and my hubby is 43 (although I am 25)
That is a good idea having your tests hidden from you!
Have you tried charting or anything like that? Fertility Friend is free to use and you put in your Ov test results as well as temp and cervical mucus and it puts all that info together to give a good idea of when you Ovulate.
I think the lines on OPKs can fluctuate a little anyway, be a bit lighter, then darker then lighter again, although as you say it must be as dark as (or darker than) the control line to be positive. Its possible you have already O'd although you may want to keep testing a little longer to be sure.
Everyones cycle is very specific to them. Usually the luteal phase (between ovulation and your period) does not change, the 'norm' is supposed to be around 14 days, but for some people it will be more and others less. The key is knowing what is normal for YOU. The 1st phase between your period and ovulation can change though, sometimes you might O early, sometimes late (especially if stressed)
Fingers Crossed for you to get that BFP soon.

so glad someone finally read my post lol, thought i was talking to myself. do you know if af pains on cd 13 means anything? i know i have 3 children so you'd think i'd know all this stuff but only once been ttc before and i didnt even think ablout it till after tww and so dont really know my own body that well. i was feeling sick today though. to be honest i believe that my last lmp may actually have been one of these chemicals i've been hearing about as it was heavier and more painful than usual and (tmi warning) first day i had a large nearly black clot on tampon. anyway fx'd for us both

Theres still so much I don't know about TTC and I did TTC with all 3 of my boys LOL Pains around now could be ovulation pains. Again some people will get these just before O, others will get just after. I usually get them on the day of O. Another thing to look out for is EWCM Egg White Cervical Mucus, which is just what it sounds like, clear stretchy discharge, just like the white of a raw egg. That usually comes around the time your most fertile.
Theres so many things that can vary from woman to woman that its so hard to tell. I've been going with the O tests and mucus changes so far. This cycle I began checking my cervix as well. When its soft, high and open its when your most fertile. I've just ordered a thermometer to start temping too so I can chart properly LOL

i've tried to feel my cervix but tbh theres so much going on in there i dont know what i'm feeling. i did have very ewcm last month and was so sure i'd grabbed the moment right. i was sick and nipples were so sore etc. this month i dont know if i already had cm, cos i wasnt paying attention last week as i'd thought it was too early but now as i mentioned i think (hope) it was early o. can only wait and see. lol will just bd as often as possible. oh and i'm also overweight which apparently makes things harder. so how are you?
btw if you or any other readers can help me come up with a new and inventive way to tell df we've got bfp (as soon as we finally do) i'd love to hear them. lol

just remembered something. on the 11th i did a cb digi which was negative. of course you may all be wondering why i did one 2 days after af finished. well as mentioned before af means nothing to me as i missed none on my 2nd child, they did reduce to spotting after 4 months but were full on normal before that. no, the 11th was opd 19 and so i just wanted to be sure before enjoying my inbetween cycle drink. anyhow i pulled it apart as we all do, knowing full well we shouldnt and it had two lines, the second (cant remember other strip) was quite dark so i got a bit excited. then i was on here somewhere and descovered that on those, the second is lh. so going by what i've seen on my opk's starting dark though not dark enough then getting weaker and weaker till nothing. this all adds up to me having o'd early and taking lh on cb digi into account makes me feel that was start of o and opk on wednesday was end of it. i'm now sure if i'd opk'd between 12th and 15th i'd have got a good progression. if my surge began on 11th, there's every chance that bd on 12th was caught, right? any thoughts.....................

Its possible, its quite common to get some form of 2nd line on a opk for a while before actually surging. If you dont get your bfp this month I'd suggest getting a lot of opks and doing 2 a day until you get a + right from the day after AF finishes. Normally you would wait about a week between but if you might be O'ing early you will want to be sure at least for one month. Some people have such a short surge that they can miss it doing one a day so do one in the morning and one mid-late afternoon for a better chance of catching it

thank you, thats an interesting idea. how's your tww going? what dpo are you?

Very confusing to be honest. I was having a normal 28 day cycle, then last cycle I had 49 days! this cycle I got to 7dpo (wednesday) and started bleeding :/which has now stopped. But I thought was too heavy to be implantation bleeding (never had it before) but now its stopped I just dont know. So I'm either on cycle day 3 or 9dpo LOL
Just going to see what happens now. Got some OPKs and a thermometer on their way. So monday I will be doing a pregnancy test (5 days past the bleed, so should pick up HCG if it was implantation) if I have had no more bleeding and an opk and temping. And then see where I think I am lol

sounds interesting. so your not a mad poas'er then lol. my dd being very strict with my tests so i have to wait till tuesday which if i'm right will be 11 dpo. fx'd for us both xx:dust:

Oh I am, I doubt I'll get to monday before testing. I was planning on testing even though I knew it would be too early at 7dpo when i found i was bleeding lol I just tell myself I'm not going to lol

i have a q, if you already o'd and then get a big clear blob a week later along with af like pains is this a sign of pregnancy?

ok so having come to the conclusion that i o'd early (by dates it should be today) my opk got fainter and fainter and todays is still negative but darker than yesterdays which frankly was non existant. i now have af type pains and the cm mentioned before. i've read that an opk can also show pregnancy if you know you already o'd. i've now asked dd to bring me one of my ept's to do in morning as even though i'll only be 8dpo tom i'm certain i'll get a bfp even if it's faint. if this opk can be a good ref i'm certain of it and if the line i have was on a ept i'd be now prepairing to book midwife! really really hoping now.

ok so to date my symptoms are: nausia, weird dreams, tiredness, intense orgasms and my lyposcholiosis (not sure if spelt right but basically vaginal excema) is flared up loads more than normal. apparently this would (and the orgasm thing) would be because of extra blood flow making things hotter and more sensitive etc. mild af type pains and sharp stabbing in lower left too. oh and big clear blob on friday. i did a fmu ept this morn which was bfn of course but i'm only 8dpo but later i got a (faint) line on an opk as i did yesterday. i have read that an opk can pick up pregnancy a few days before an ept would and if you know you've o'd then it's a high possibilty. so keeping hopes up as i'm sure i o'd already. sorry if some of this seems repeated but i'm posting on more than one thread lol

Hi sorry I haven't been on since friday morning, very unlike me, but my brother in law came round for an impromptu BBQ yesterday.
Everything you said above does sound quite promising and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
I think I'm onto another cycle. I gave in and tested and still getting BFNs which, even though I wouldnt be due on until wednesday, its been 4 days since the bleed started. No more blood, but a HPT shoudl show about 4-5 days later and I just don't hold much hope.

dont give up yet hun, i cant wait to test again, thank god i trusted dd with tests lol

still nearly two weeks till af due but getting super strong pains af style. dont usually get them till day after af, is this a good sign?

Its hard to tell, you can get cramps when O'ing or when implanting. Or sometimes our bodies like to trick us and get our hopes up LOL lets hope for you its a good sign

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->