Back to Normal after the BCP?

NennaKay

Hubby, two girls,and NTNP #3.
Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I was wondering how long you were on the pill?

How long did it take for your cycles to regulate once you stopped?

How long were your cycles before the pill? After?

I took the pill for just over three years. I started when I was 22 and just stopped last week. I'm hoping to get back to my old cycles quickly. On average my "before pill" cycles were 26-30 days long. :thumbup:

Additional Info: My name is Jenna, and I've been married to my OH for just over a year. This will be my first baby and I'm so excited to get started! :happydance:

Hi Jenna! :wave: I'm Lauren, we've just started ntnp for our 2nd!... I have just had my 1st cycle after coming of the pill (Mycrogynon 30).

I have heard so many stories about it taking ages for your cycles to regulate again but I finished the pack half way through due to impatience :blush: 2 dyas later i had a withdrawl bleed and 27 days later I had my 1st "true" AF. I'm now on day 4 of that AF and reckon this is the last day.... I was really suprised! Here's hoping it stays this way! Oh, also.... my cycles were app 28 days and pretty regular before pill! x

I was on the Pill for about 3 years.
My cycles didn't regulate before I conceived my daughter a year after stopping the Pill.
My cycles before going on the Pill were 30-33 days. After coming off the first cycle was 31 days and subsequent cycles were anywhere between 43 and 73 days. I found out that I was pregnant on CD 73 and I was 4 weeks 1 day pregnant then so must have conceived around CD 50 or so!

I'm now trying again and officially haven't had a period since January 2011! First I was pregnant then I was breastfeeding! If I'm pregnant again now it could be a very long time before I have another period (pp bleeding really doesn't count!)! :haha:

Beca :wave:

Ooh don't say that EstelSeren :haha:... I am hopeful my cycles stay at 27 days! :).... GD with BFP

I was on the pill for most of 13 years (though had a few breaks in there of a few months to a year when I didn't have insurance and couldn't afford the pill). So even though I was on it a long time, I'd stopped probably 3 times in 13 years and knew everything would be regular. My cycles came back right away at 29 days with O on CD16 as soon as I stopped. My cycles have always been 28-30 days. I only had one cycle before we got pregnant, but it was right on the mark at 29 days. I've only been late for AF twice ever since I became sexually active at 18 (once because I'd gotten pneumonia after knee surgery and was really sick, the other time because I was really, really stressed out), so I knew everything would come back easily and be right on track the first month and it was!

I was on one pill i cant remember the name of for three months, and then i was on yasmine for 4 years, and then i was on cerezanette for a month, so i took the pill for 4 years and 4months without stopping. i took my last pill in november, and it took until february to even have a period. after that, they came like clock work 32 days apart

/\/\ I've heard that cerazette can be the biggest culprit of all pills when it cmes to getting cycles back on track!

it was awful!
i was put on it as yazmin caused cervical errosion.
but the cerazette caused so much cramps.
my gyno says it supresses ovulation - i pressume this is why cycles go so whack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->