Back to work advice plz...

Prinny

BABY NO.3 DUE OCT 2019
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if someone can help, I'm due to go back to work in 7 weeks and want to continue to bf so thought I'd pump at work so my baby's still fully bf, however I've got a few questions,
She doesn't yet except a bottle I've tried many times she won't take it I feel as if she doesn't like the plastic maybe? As she doesn't take a dummy either (not that I need her too either) how can I encourage her to take a bottle?
Also I will be working Monday-Wednesday 9-4pm do you think I should start the routine now of pumping and letting her feed from a bottle (when she excepts it) on the days I would be at work when the time comes?

I'm just scared the time will come and she won't except a bottle, and how would I know when to tell my sister (who will care for her on those days) to feed her as I currently nurse on demand? , also im hoping to nurse before work twice, pump around 12-1pm then drive straight home at 4pm and let her nurse from me I don't intend to use bottles except those working days do you think this will damage my supply?

Many thanks (sorry it's long)

Are you the one offering her the bottle? Try offering the bottle to her when you are not home and someone else is looking after her. Remember you are the comfort and source of food for her so it may take some patience. GL

like she said ^^, my baby wouldn't take a bottle from me in the beginning, only from my husband. Keep at it though, she'll take it eventually! Once she does, make sure you give her a bottle once a day so she stays used to it. As far as pumping, as long as you pump/feed right before work, in the middle of work, and right after work, you should be OK… no more than 3.5-4 hours should pass. If you see your supply going down, you might have to add a pump session in the middle of the morning.

Just keep trying with the bottle, and I agree, have someone else offer it to her. You may need to try a few different types of bottles as some babies prefer one nipple shape over another. As far as pumping, I would start doing so after your first two morning feeds to start building up a little stash (production is higher in the morning), and maybe replace one nursing session with a bottle just to try to get her to take one. Of course you'll need to pump at that session. To keep your supply up once you start working you really should try to pump as often as your baby is eating while you're away. I also was nursing on demand and when LO started daycare I had them feed on demand which they were fine with. She was pretty much asking to eat every 3ish hours or so at that point, and later started going 4 hours between. I'm sure your sister will be able to tell when she's hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->