Back to work blues!

M

Mrs Mayhem

So, after almost 7 months off, I am back to work tomorrow. Am not looking forward to leaving LO, even though she will be with DH and he is fab with her, I'll miss her so much!!
Plus I have just spent an hour searching for my work belt. Its a very specific secure belt which we have to wear and I can't find the bloody thing. Ugh! And what am I gonna wear?! I swear this much thought never went into it before!!

Hi hun,
I am back to work tomorrow too. :'( New job too! We have no childcare arranged until May 4th so I have family here (my gran) doing it, so it's not like I can even properly relax at home.

I am also dreading leaving my LO, but I have actually had 16 months off. I have left her a few times (just with my OH and with MIL/my mum twice), but this is somehow different as I know I will be leaving her regularly from now on.

I am also in a what to wear quandary, but more from the POV that dress code is casual, but it's my first day so I don't want to be too casual. I am part way through losing a big chunk of weight so nothing actually fits properly either. :(

I just soooo don't want to leave my little Beany, but I have to thank my stars that I will only be leaving her for 4 afternoon/evenings a week (although she will go to nursery for 2 full days).

Good luck tomorrow. I am sure once we get into a routine with it all we will be fine and maybe even enjoy it. I know I will certainly enjoy the time I have with my LO even more now (and working means I will be able to do so many more nice things with her that I couldn't do if I stayed home). I guess the time will be good quality. :flower:

Thank you hun, and good luck to you too!!!

I keep thinking that with my wages coming in now we can save for so many good things for her future and have promised to buy her something each payday! (even though she is already spoiled :haha:)
We will most definitely value our time with them more!!!

I hope your new job goes well! x

i go back to work in one month and i already have the blues. I try not to think about it but i can't help it. Wish i could stay home till bubs is ready for school then i wouldn't feel so bad.

i go back to work in one month and i already have the blues. I try not to think about it but i can't help it. Wish i could stay home till bubs is ready for school then i wouldn't feel so bad.

I'm the same, but its just not possible. Am trying hard to think of the positives!!
At the end of the day, we are doing it for them and to build as good a future as we can. being a SAHM would be fab, but she wouldn't be able to have as much for the future if that was the case with us!

Good luck on your first days back, i go back on the 20th and im dreading it 1 till 5 mon to fri with OH looking after LO 3 afternoons and mam 2 i never leave my lo and totally dreading it but i guess it has to be done keep trying to justify not going back but its not working we are saving to buy a house and without me with a wage OH would have to pay for everything so saving would stop.

Hope both of you enjoy it tomorrow x

Hun, you will be just fine...promise!!! So will you LankyDoodle!!!

The first day is gonna be a bit of a slog and you'll be thinking of your LO's loads but you no what, after a few days, u'll enjoy the routine and my god you will LOVE LOVE LOVE the massive smile you get when you walk thru the door and LO see's you!!!

Best part of my day that is!!!

:hugs: to you both :)

Thanks lovelies! I'm already looking forward to cuddles when I get in tomorrow!!!! Lindsayryan I hope it goes well for you too!

Something must be in the air - I'm back to work tomoro too! At least u will b able to use your money for nice things / saving - mine will just pay bills and looks like we still won't have enough to cover everything:(

have a huge evening to do list that ive been through And have to get up super early to walk the dogs before we leave - going to be so strange. I'm hoping that the routine willhelp me get more done on my days off!!

Something must be in the air - I'm back to work tomoro too! At least u will b able to use your money for nice things / saving - mine will just pay bills and looks like we still won't have enough to cover everything:(

have a huge evening to do list that ive been through And have to get up super early to walk the dogs before we leave - going to be so strange. I'm hoping that the routine willhelp me get more done on my days off!!

Ah good luck hun, hope its not too bad!!!

Best of luck both!

I found the anticipation of returning to work far worse than the reality. In fact, I quite enjoy my work days now!

I go back on 23rd may and already feel sick. I know it's not as bad as you think it's going to be as I've done the whole going back thing before but still not looking forward to it. And I'm doing 30 hours- wish I'd asked for less now that's way too long to be apart from my babies!! Still, got to think of the money. Good luck everyone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->