Back to work options?

hypnorm

Reaction score
I was looking at the options of going back to work part time.
and wondered if any one had any advice.
When i left work they said they could give me vouchers to help with child costs but at the time i never really looked in to it and now i wish i had!

My job isnt high paid - i was only earning approx £900 a month.

If i went back to work it would be for only 2 days a week probably about 16 hours a week.

Now does my tax credits go down if i go back to work, and do they help with the payment for childcare?

as if i get no help then it will be pointless going back to work, as i would be working to pay childcare!

i enjoy my work and the people i used to work with.

So am just looking at my options. Plus we desperately need some money at the moment!

Im pretty sure you need to work a mumimum of 16 hours a week to get help with the cost of childcare. Your tax creidts are all worked around what your houseold income is so they would be affected. If you contact the inland rev on the contact number given on your stattement of child tax credit they are very helpfull and you can hypotheticaly give them an anual salary or weekly wage approximation and they can tell you what you would get in the way of tax credits if you did earn that.

If you pop to your loccal CIB you can pick up the leaflets with regards to childcare which tell you how they calculate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->