Backache!

Talia12

Reaction score
I have such bad backache at the bottom of my back, round where period pains normally are. I'm not having any pain in my tummy but I'm worried about baby (I'm 5+1). I'm getting the backache every day, at times quite severely. Enough that I really want to take some painkillers/have a very hot bath, and obviously won't do either...
Should I be worried? I don't remember this with my son at all.

Also, what kind of remedy can I use in the meantime? I want to avoid paracetamol because I want to know how much it's hurting in case I end up back in A&E and need to tell the doctors. Can I use a hot water bottle on my back?

Update the backache is really bad and I'm in tears convinced I'm going to miscarry on Christmas Eve

Hey hun, don't say that:( I got really bad backache around five weeks i think it can be quite normal, i used a hot water bottle for mine that gave me some relief. If your really concerned though maybe phone up the hospital and see what they say? xx

Aww don't be so afraid hunny, it's both normal cramping and your ligaments adjusting to your body being full of progesterone which is the hormone that makes everything loosen up. I had quite bad backache a few weeks ago. You can have a reasonably hot bath as long as your skin isn't going red and steaming. You can safely take paracetamol and you can safely put a hot water bottle on your back, just not your tummy.
Also down like two big glasses of water as that can ease cramping.
The anxiety will be making it worse, do the pain relieving methods above to ease it and then do something fun and take your mind off it! I'm sure baby is snug in there. All the best xx

If the pain is that significant, I wouldn't ignore it. I'd call your doctor to see if you can be seen soon. I want to be positive and sure hope everything is ok, but back pain can be normal or it could be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy.

Thank you to all of you.
I'd already had a very early scan due to spotting and they were 99% sure it wasn't ectopic (couldn't confirm as they couldn't see the yolk sac). The backache seems to have eased off now, but now I'm having pressure sensations around my tummy and uterus area so that's worrying me now! I just feel like if I go to a scan and the baby is fine, it'll be a miracle :( I just feel that somethings not right and I'm constantly thinking the pressure is about to turn into bleeding...

I got "crampy" feeling off and on through first tri in my first pregnancy and often feel tight/crampy down there with this one too. I'm imagining what you're describing as similar to this. Body is going through lots of changes, stay strong and don't feel silly if you feel like you need checked before next appointment. Just remember that the less you stress, the better for baby.

I had back ache and cramp with all of my children for most of first trimester. I wouldn't say it's anything to worry about. Your uterus has a lot of stretching and growing to do and your muscles are loosening too.

Let me tell you that you are not alone. Almost two-thirds of pregnant women experience low back pain during pregnancy. Try stretching exercises to increase the flexibility in the muscles that support your back and legs, it will help to relieve the back pain. Don’t sit or stand too long, refrain from sitting or standing for extended time periods. Wear comfortable shoes and make sure your shoes have good arch support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->