Bad cough, can't breathe right, dizzy, and now cramping?

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
Wondering if I need to go into the ER today.. I've developed a terrible cough and as of today it's so bad that I've been gasping for air, I feel dizzy, and Ive noticed Ive started cramping on the sides of my bump that feel kind of like very early contractions..

My husband has to work today and I have nobody else to help me with our 10 month old or pick up the other from school and I am not sure what to do or if I should just try to rest.. I can't sleep because of the coughing..ugh.

My husband and older son are sick too, but mine started right after I went to a pumpkin patch and kids were kicking and throwing hay in the windy air, and that night I was having trouble breathing for moments and even had a dry gagging feeling.. then the next day i woke up with a terrible chest cold, no nose at all. I am worried I inhaled too much of the hay particles instead of just beeing sick.

Thanks

I'm not sure about the inhaling hay, but I would get checked if you're cramping. Can you at the least call your doctor to ask if you should go to the ER? I'd go in and get checked. Is there anyone that can watch your little ones?

Thank you, unfortunately not now but in 3 hours my mother should be able to watch them so that's not too long to wait now. I was able to get some sleep before my husband left and I thought I was feeling a little better but I am having the trouble breathing again and feeling lightheaded again..but the cramping has stopped so I am a little less scared.. im just afraid that not getting enough oxygen could be a problem for the baby. Before my mom gets home im going to call the midwife on call and see what she thinks about me going in or staying home

I called the midwife and she told me to go in asap, she even called the ER and told them to expect me.. so now I'm waiting here, I fully thought she would say just rest but she sounded bothered that it was going to take me a few hours to get there, she said without a doubt if there is trouble breathing to go in, because it directly affects baby.

Glad you went in. How are you doing? How is baby. It's always better to be on the safe side.

It turns out I have bronchitis, I was so worried about the oxygen levels but they said its 100%. They just did vitals and were going to discharge me but I got all pregnancy hormonal and started bawling my eyes out because I was worried about the baby so the doctor did a quick ultrasound and checked the heartbeat and everything was good.

I called the midwife again and she assured me that the baby will drain you and survive while you whither away lol so as long as you're feeling somewhat decent and not literally falling apart then the baby has no idea that you're sick at all.

My husband has bronchitis too and bruised his ribs from coughing so much, so we went to the ER for him and I decided to get seen again as well since I have been so massively uncomfortable. I haven't been able to sleep or anything for days because of the coughing fits that leave me gasping for air.

Anyway, this doctor happily prescribed me an albuterol inhaler. I used it as soon as I got it today and omg.. I have been fighting to breathe for days and I really see that now. I am still coughing but I dont feel like the baby is going to fly out and my head is going to explode anymore. I am also coughing stuff up now that my body is not so tense. I feel so much better.

Figured I'd update in case anyone comes along this on a search...definitely ask for the inhaler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->