Bad Cramping, Would Like Advice or Reassurance

TinyPirate

Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't in the right section.

So I'm 19 weeks, 3 days and yesterday I woke up with bad cramps. They felt like period cramps, and sometimes I could feel them in my back, only on the right side. I know cramping is a normal part of pregnancy, but these are pretty bad, so I'm kind of concerned. They subsided mostly, but they came back today. I drank a lot of water, took a warm bath and took a nap and they were almost gone, but since I've been awake, they've gotten worse again. It's kind of off and on. They're very low, and at first it was only on the right side, but now they're kind of in the middle. I was getting some occasional sharp pains (only on the right side), but I'm not getting them much anymore, just the cramping. It feels like it mostly goes away when I lay on my side. There is no bleeding, spotting, or strange discharge, but I've begun to feel heaviness very down low in my uterus.

Also, please be careful with responses. I already have anxiety and I panic easily.

Really sorry ur panicking...
It could be nothin and most likely is...

But id still ring your mwife just to see...
Iv heard pain no bleeding its ok
Bleeding no pain also ok..

Xxxx may jus b lil baby stretchin out

Really sorry ur panicking...
It could be nothin and most likely is...

But id still ring your mwife just to see...
Iv heard pain no bleeding its ok
Bleeding no pain also ok..

Xxxx may jus b lil baby stretchin out

In the time I've posted this, I've called and gotten a call back. She told me it sounds like it's just round ligament pain and to take a Tylenol and a warm bath, and to let them know how I'm doing on Monday. (Which is also when I get my anatomy scan, so I'll be there anyway.)

Big hugs :hugs: it could just be Braxton hicks and you are doing all the right things. I think if you call your midwife or doctor they may be able to guide you further. Also are you constipated by chance? I know when I am then I get a lot of period type cramps. Sorry I can't help more. I think if you are feeling actual pain, it's always best to call someone.. Even if it's just for some reassurance :hugs:

Big hugs :hugs: it could just be Braxton hicks and you are doing all the right things. I think if you call your midwife or doctor they may be able to guide you further. Also are you constipated by chance? I know when I am then I get a lot of period type cramps. Sorry I can't help more. I think if you are feeling actual pain, it's always best to call someone.. Even if it's just for some reassurance :hugs:

Since the phone call, I've been worrying less. I'm just glad that at least it's happening so close to my next ultrasound. But nope, not constipated. Had quite the opposite the day before last, though. But that's passed now and it feels distinctly like period cramps, not just stomach cramps.

I'd take magnesium citrate. A lack of it can cause cramping. In large doses it can also prevent preterm labor (but administered in hospitals, can't be taken in large doses at home)
Since taking magnesium, I would not even know I have a uterus if it wasn't for the bump ;).

I'd take magnesium citrate. A lack of it can cause cramping. In large doses it can also prevent preterm labor (but administered in hospitals, can't be taken in large doses at home)
Since taking magnesium, I would not even know I have a uterus if it wasn't for the bump ;).

I would try and get some, but unfortunately I am broke at the moment. Also, I'm starting to become really worried now. The cramps keep coming back, starting small and getting severe. I'm feeling them in my back again, and they come and go frequently-- as in every few minutes. There are periods of time where it goes away for a while, but then it comes back. Also, my abdomen tightens. Still no bleeding, spotting or odd discharge. Just a lot of pain and fear. Trying to control myself and not have a panic attack.

I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions since 16 wks that sound just like this. If I haven't had water in an hour, I get them. If I have to pee, I get them. If I change positions, I get them. Three midwives have all said they're no big deal. Some women are just contractors.

I would try and get some, but unfortunately I am broke at the moment. Also, I'm starting to become really worried now. The cramps keep coming back, starting small and getting severe. I'm feeling them in my back again, and they come and go frequently-- as in every few minutes. There are periods of time where it goes away for a while, but then it comes back. Also, my abdomen tightens. Still no bleeding, spotting or odd discharge. Just a lot of pain and fear. Trying to control myself and not have a panic attack.

From an affordable internet source it should only be a few bucks. But if you are really worried you can go to your doctor or a hospital and ask about magnesium. They can also check to see if these are dangerous cramps/ contractions or not. It does sound concerning to me tbh because it is so frequent.

Well I goofed and posted the wrong thing in the wrong thread. But I have been stalking this page for some time, have you gotten any relief or word from your MW/OB? xx

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the long wait. But I'd like to let you all know that everything appears to be fine! The cramping stopped a while ago (though I occasionally get small ones, but nothing like this was), and I've had an ultrasound since then. Everything looks good! Cervix is closed, placenta is up high, baby looks good and only measures about three days behind. And by the way, it's a girl!

Congrats on a girl!!! Happy to hear you and baby are doing good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->