Bad day... Drink?

LittleLala

Expecting #3!
Reaction score
Had such an awful day.
Currently ttc and 12dpo. Tested each morning with FMU with a FRER since 9dpo. All stark negative.

Bad day at work, bad day with uni, stressed out of my mind... And the bourbon is looking at me, calling me name!

How I would love to have a drink, wind down and relax a little.

While ttc I do not drink (until af arrives... I usually have a drink or two that night). Would it be harmful to have a drink tonight?

Please, I would like some words of encouragement/advice ladies!

I have heard that people were able to drink through their first trimester (because they didn't know they were PG) and there were no issues with baby. There are also groups on here that say "Drink till it's pink" (meaning till they get a BFP). I don't think that the baby shares anything with the mother till about 5 weeks or so.

I personally would not think negative of a person who drank moderately while TTC in the TWW.

My doc, who is a top NYC obgyn said it's perfectly ok to have a glass of wine after a stressful day if you are pregnant, so surely a glass of wine/etc. during the tww should be ok! He said to remember one is a glass though, not a bottle lol.

Have a drink and enjoy it and relax. The month I got my BFP, I actually drank more than usual (actually I drank a lot right around ovulation because it was a holiday weekend and we went out every night). I didn't drink late in the month because I felt too ridiculously miserable and sick by 6 dpo. But a glass of wine or two is FINE. There are plenty of people who have a small drink once a week all through pregnancy and most of the research shows this is absolutely fine. Unless you really strongly feel you're pregnant, relax and enjoy yourself and feel better. :thumbup:

I didn't know I was pregnant with my son until I was 3 months and I was drinking like NUTS! Lots of parties, including my hen party. Yikes! My babe was and is healthy and beautiful. At 3, he is super clever and sweet. I wouldn't do it again to that extent, obviously, but I truly don't think a glass or two would do any harm. :)

When I worked at the OB/GYN office, we would tell women to drink and relax. That didn't mean a bottle of bourbon of course. But a couple of glasses. Baby doesn't share anything with mom until after the placenta attaches. So if you are getting a BFN, go have a BFD Big Fat Drink!!!

You ladies are the best. I did have a drink and it really helped me relax and have a nice sleep, too. Woke up this morning and felt a pang of guilt... Got on here, and feel a lot better.
I swear, this site keeps me sane.
Baby dust to everyone xxx

You ladies are the best. I did have a drink and it really helped me relax and have a nice sleep, too. Woke up this morning and felt a pang of guilt... Got on here, and feel a lot better.
I swear, this site keeps me sane.
Baby dust to everyone xxx

Good for you! Glad you are feeling better. I could not imagine giving up alcohol while TTC, I'm over a year now. Hubby used to tell me not to drink while TTC but he has given up on that since it's been so long.

I'm sorry you had an awful day :( I'm so glad that you decided to have the drink, it sounds like you deserved it :). It's *fine* so please don't feel guilty.

I think the only time to be concerned is if you were drinking excessive amounts all of the time and having the odd drink here and there really isn't that so it isn't going to have any negative effects on your ttc efforts or you jelly bean to be :)

Hope you get your bfp! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->