Bad experiences with FRER!

HopefulPony

Mummy to Porge and Bobbin
Reaction score
It looks like a lot of us are having bad experiences with FRER at the moment! They seem to be giving a lot of false negatives which are so discouraging. I went on to Amazon and found these bad reviews too, they're not the most recent but it looks like there are lots and lots of false negatives going around!!!

IMG_7160.png

IMG_7161.png

IMG_7162.png

IMG_7163.png

IMG_7164.png

IMG_7165.png

Shocking reviews. And the price of them!!!!!!

I gave up on them after I got a whole box with a positive line before I can even use it. waste of money smh

Omg they are shocking, I honestly think they are so crap now x

Wonder if they'll gives us our money back if we complain?

I had a total negative on a first response after positive blue dyes and a digital with the same urine sample. Of course as first response never failed me before I went into a panic. It was so upsetting. First response were also not great at showing progression this pregnancy and stayed very very faint for a long time when my other tests were blazing very early on ( I'm expecting twins but one isn't doing so well :( ). I won't use them again.

With this pregnancy frer was the last to give me a positive. And like a pp they stayed faint for a long tome.

Well? I've just had a positive on a Superdrug own and what I think is a positive on a CB Early... so they are indeed crap!

Wow that's super faint! So expensive for that! I hope you get your money back and some free tests!!

For those of you steering clear of FRER now, what are you using?

Does anyone know if it's just the new curved FRERs that are unreliable? We still have just the older style here in Canada, not sure if that's still okay.

Does anyone know if it's just the new curved FRERs that are unreliable? We still have just the older style here in Canada, not sure if that's still okay.

The picture in that review looks like an old style to me, but not sure.

These reviews are all the old flat ones. That's what we have here in the UK. I've had two negatives on them and positives on clearblue, store own brands and one steps. There's also been 2 other ladies on here with clear positives on other brands including a digi, and negative flat FRERs!

Darn. So what tests do people recommend instead as being reliable but also sensitive for testing early? FRER was my go to the last time I was TTCing. At the moment the only other ones I've gotten (in preparation--I'm not even in the TWW yet ;) ) are Wondfos.

I really hope this is the case why My tests aren't super dark at 5 weeks. I mean they are darker than control line but by now there should be barely a control line.

Also my tests from 9dpo to 12 or 13 dpo did not change. I stopped testing thinking I was having another miscarriage. Then at 16dpo I tested to see if it was negative and I have a darker line with Walmart first signal. I went and got more frer and frrr ill post my pics a little later.

Also. Haha. They stopped making the curved tests here in Colorado its back to the flat ones.

They should take these off the market as they are so expensive! A lot of ladies are wasting money on something that isn't accurate :(

Darn. So what tests do people recommend instead as being reliable but also sensitive for testing early? FRER was my go to the last time I was TTCing. At the moment the only other ones I've gotten (in preparation--I'm not even in the TWW yet ;) ) are Wondfos.

I'd like to know that too.

I'd like to know that too.

I used an FRER but af was 4 days late. The worst for me in the UK was BOOTS (chemist) own brand but I was using 3mu at that point.

I have used FRER, CBdigi and IC's - for early testing I would recommend IC's - they're cheap and edasy to use and fairly reliable I think. In the UK - they are the same as the ones the NHS/Doctors use... I've got 10 coming tomorrow so I can track my lines!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->